Kal Penn has returned to a job in the White House after shooting A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas this summer. Last year, Penn — who uses his given name Kalpen Modi while working for the government — requested that he be written out of his role on Fox’s House so he could take a job with the Obama Administration as a liaison to the Asian American and arts communities. He’s now working at the Office of Public Engagement as an associate director, according to a White House statement given to ABC News.
Kal Penn returns to the White House after shooting new 'Harold & Kumar' movie
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 1
- Comic-Con 2014: All the stars at the EW Hideout
- 'Multiversity' mapped: A DC Comics mind-blower
- 'Fifty Shades' isn't only way to 'Fall' for Jamie Dornan
- 'Big Brother': 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- Comic-Con '14: Eye on day 1 panels
- 'Arrow' boss: 'Olicity' date is not a 'fake-out'
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived