The episode of Bones that will plant the seed for a potential spin-off is still a go, but production on it has been moved from December to early 2011, Fox confirms to EW. News of the delay was first reported by Michael Ausiello, whose source told him “creative reasons” were to blame. Fox would not comment on the cause of the schedule change, but Bones creator Hart Hanson did type a telling (and humorous) tweet on Nov. 4 that said, “I received studio notes on the Bones spin-off idea. They want it to be better. Unreasonable taskmasters. Impossible dreamers. Neo-platonists.” The episode will introduce tracker Walter Sherman, the central figure in “The Locator” novels by Richard Greener. In the books, Sherman is a Vietnam vet, but in the Bones world, Sherman will be a former military policeman who served in Iraq with Booth (David Boreanaz). Just as Booth didn’t originally get along with socially-challenged Brennan, he and Sherman — who suffered brain damage overseas that left him “skeptical of every statement” — will butt heads. Brennan, on the other hand, will be fascinated by him. Fox confirms the casting of Sherman is underway.
'Bones' spin-off episode delayed
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'Scandal': Michael Trucco as Abby's ex
- Ariana Grande goes DIY for 'Bang Bang' rap verse in U.K.
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Originals'; 'Gotham'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
Top 5 Most Read
- Disney announces 2016 release for animated feature 'Moana'
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of 'Walking Dead'?
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: A pecs-tacular shirtless week
- 'Gotham' costume secrets: Revealing details you may have missed
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack to be released on cassette tapes