The episode of Bones that will plant the seed for a potential spin-off is still a go, but production on it has been moved from December to early 2011, Fox confirms to EW. News of the delay was first reported by Michael Ausiello, whose source told him “creative reasons” were to blame. Fox would not comment on the cause of the schedule change, but Bones creator Hart Hanson did type a telling (and humorous) tweet on Nov. 4 that said, “I received studio notes on the Bones spin-off idea. They want it to be better. Unreasonable taskmasters. Impossible dreamers. Neo-platonists.” The episode will introduce tracker Walter Sherman, the central figure in “The Locator” novels by Richard Greener. In the books, Sherman is a Vietnam vet, but in the Bones world, Sherman will be a former military policeman who served in Iraq with Booth (David Boreanaz). Just as Booth didn’t originally get along with socially-challenged Brennan, he and Sherman — who suffered brain damage overseas that left him “skeptical of every statement” — will butt heads. Brennan, on the other hand, will be fascinated by him. Fox confirms the casting of Sherman is underway.
'Bones' spin-off episode delayed
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits
- Jenny Slate booked for 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' season premiere
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online
- 'Divergent' disturbing deleted scene: Get an eyeful
- Daniel Radcliffe: How Spider-Man let him be a fly on the wall in S.D.
- 'Peter Pan': Let's make it a full-on 'Girls' night out
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln on Rick juggling brutality/humanity
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live'
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- PopWatch Confessional: I tried to play 'New Girl's fake drinking game