The episode of Bones that will plant the seed for a potential spin-off is still a go, but production on it has been moved from December to early 2011, Fox confirms to EW. News of the delay was first reported by Michael Ausiello, whose source told him “creative reasons” were to blame. Fox would not comment on the cause of the schedule change, but Bones creator Hart Hanson did type a telling (and humorous) tweet on Nov. 4 that said, “I received studio notes on the Bones spin-off idea. They want it to be better. Unreasonable taskmasters. Impossible dreamers. Neo-platonists.” The episode will introduce tracker Walter Sherman, the central figure in “The Locator” novels by Richard Greener. In the books, Sherman is a Vietnam vet, but in the Bones world, Sherman will be a former military policeman who served in Iraq with Booth (David Boreanaz). Just as Booth didn’t originally get along with socially-challenged Brennan, he and Sherman — who suffered brain damage overseas that left him “skeptical of every statement” — will butt heads. Brennan, on the other hand, will be fascinated by him. Fox confirms the casting of Sherman is underway.
'Bones' spin-off episode delayed
- Fox yanks 'Utopia' from Tuesday schedule
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- Maleficent admirers pay tribute on 'Sleeping Beauty' Blu-ray: Sneak peek
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- Sarah Silverman's 'SNL' promos: Who's ready for a 'Table Girl' sketch?
- 'Parenthood' sneak peek: Julia and Joel 'have to talk about us'
- J.K. Simmons toys with Miles Teller in 'Whiplash' scene
- 'Interstellar' trailer takes Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway to a waterworld
Top 5 Most Read
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast talk 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Poor Little Lambs'