Last night’s episode of Storm Chasers, titled “Dedication,” revealed that meteorologist Matt Hughes had passed away, but his death was unrelated to his work with the Discovery Channel show. The 30-year-old husband and father of two suffered a fatal injury in his home and died on May 26, according to CBS News, and a coworker of Hughes from KAKE-10 News in Wichita blogged that his friend had been suffering from depression and had previously attempted to commit suicide.
Matt Hughes' death unrelated to 'Storm Chasers'
- Mike Nichols, veteran director and Emmy/Grammy/Oscar/Tony winner, dies at 83
- Jon Hamm returning to 'Parks and Recreation'
- 'SNL': Amy Adams-One Direction; James Franco-Nicki Minaj; Martin Freeman-Charli XCX in December
- 'Cups' returns in 'Pitch Perfect 2' trailer
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' First Look: 10 photos from the movie and on the set
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': 10 things you need to know about the sequel
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' stars sparkle in new EW portraits
- 'Gotham' boss: 'We want to establish the canonical Gotham--and then start messing with people's minds'