Last night’s episode of Storm Chasers, titled “Dedication,” revealed that meteorologist Matt Hughes had passed away, but his death was unrelated to his work with the Discovery Channel show. The 30-year-old husband and father of two suffered a fatal injury in his home and died on May 26, according to CBS News, and a coworker of Hughes from KAKE-10 News in Wichita blogged that his friend had been suffering from depression and had previously attempted to commit suicide.
Matt Hughes' death unrelated to 'Storm Chasers'
- 'Ant-Man' Comic-Con poster: First Look
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'Arrow' First Look: Colton Haynes as Arsenal
- Comic-Con 2014: Doc Jensen's picks
- Comic-Con '14: 8 buzzworthy TV panels
- Comic-Con '14: 10 hot movies in San Diego
- Comic-Con '14: Spotlight on comics/videogames
- 'Big Brother' recap: Goal oriented