Last night’s episode of Storm Chasers, titled “Dedication,” revealed that meteorologist Matt Hughes had passed away, but his death was unrelated to his work with the Discovery Channel show. The 30-year-old husband and father of two suffered a fatal injury in his home and died on May 26, according to CBS News, and a coworker of Hughes from KAKE-10 News in Wichita blogged that his friend had been suffering from depression and had previously attempted to commit suicide.
Nov 4 2010 12:20 PM ET
Matt Hughes' death unrelated to 'Storm Chasers'
- Seth MacFarlane won't host '14 Oscars
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- 'Game of Thrones,' 'Mad Men': TV recaps
- 'Star Wars': New animation in fall '14
- 'SNL': New clue Jason Sudeikis to exit?
- 'Kinky Boots': Hear cast album!
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Billboard Music Awards' best dressed?
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 457
- All Cried Out 463
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 401
- A Whole New World 411
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 559