Last night’s episode of Storm Chasers, titled “Dedication,” revealed that meteorologist Matt Hughes had passed away, but his death was unrelated to his work with the Discovery Channel show. The 30-year-old husband and father of two suffered a fatal injury in his home and died on May 26, according to CBS News, and a coworker of Hughes from KAKE-10 News in Wichita blogged that his friend had been suffering from depression and had previously attempted to commit suicide.
Matt Hughes' death unrelated to 'Storm Chasers'
- Breaking Big: 25 stars on the rise in 2015
- 40 most shocking TV moments of 2014
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer Yes/No/Can't Say (and occasionally more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'Penny Dreadful' quick teaser: Curse...or blessing?
- Kat Dennings as a teen in need of a lifeline in 'To Write Love On Her Arms' trailer
- Justin Bieber's new jet and other celeb gifts on display
- Local news bloopers of 2014 play for laughs in Web video compilation
- 'Doctor Who' recap: 'Last Christmas'