Soul legend Aretha Franklin was released from a Michigan hospital this Saturday after a brief sojourn at the recommendation of her doctors. The singer was forced to cancel a show in Charlottesville, Va. and is currently resting at home. “I would like to thank my friends, fans, and supporters for all the beautiful flowers and their many well wishes,” Franklin said in a statement.
Aretha Franklin released from hospital
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits
- 'Goldfinch' movie: Let's pick our dream cast
- 'Into the Woods': 10 new production photos
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online
- Daniel Radcliffe: How Spider-Man let him be a fly on the wall in S.D.
- 'Divergent' disturbing deleted scene: Get an eyeful
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln on Rick juggling brutality/humanity
Top 5 Most Read
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live'
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- Comic-Con '14 Star Portraits: Day 3