Soul legend Aretha Franklin was released from a Michigan hospital this Saturday after a brief sojourn at the recommendation of her doctors. The singer was forced to cancel a show in Charlottesville, Va. and is currently resting at home. “I would like to thank my friends, fans, and supporters for all the beautiful flowers and their many well wishes,” Franklin said in a statement.
Aretha Franklin released from hospital
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Cameron Diaz, Bruno Mars, and Mark Ronson?
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
- 'Scandal' cues up a Stevie Wonder song, more of the week's best music on TV
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': A movie, or just an extended prologue for the movie yet to come?
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Hell on Wheels' star Anson Mount on sage advice from Jon Hamm, 'Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror' hell
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
Top 5 Most Read
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Natalie Dormer advocates for more male nudity on 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Mockingjay -- Part 1': The 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- Cher cancels rest of 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates due to infection
- Tina Fey's NBC comedy moving to Netflix