Soul legend Aretha Franklin was released from a Michigan hospital this Saturday after a brief sojourn at the recommendation of her doctors. The singer was forced to cancel a show in Charlottesville, Va. and is currently resting at home. “I would like to thank my friends, fans, and supporters for all the beautiful flowers and their many well wishes,” Franklin said in a statement.
Aretha Franklin released from hospital
- 'The Interview' nixed for Xmas theatrical release by Sony
- North Korea tied to Sony hack by U.S. intelligence, N.Y. Times reports
- 'The Interview' gets the hook; would a 'prestige' film have been pulled just the same?
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst previews finale, names two odds-on favorites to win
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': 10 things Andy Serkis can say now
- Peter Jackson and 'The Hobbit': Three-peating himself--until one shining moment at the end?
- 'Sing-Off' holiday special: Scoop on the groups
- Jenny Slate sings Fleetwood Mac as Marcel the Shell for 'Conan'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Voice' Season 7 winner is...
- 'The Voice' season finale recap: Live Finale
- Jason Reitman re-staging 'The Empire Strikes Back' with Aaron…
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst names the two favorites to win heading into tonight's finale
- 'Mythbusters' tackling 'The Simpsons' in season premiere -- exclusive