Disney, Paramount Pictures, and Marvel Studios have announced via press release that Iron Man 3 will be released in on May 3, 2013. Under a new deal, Disney will be responsible for the marketing and distribution of the film, and will also oversee The Avengers. (The studio paid Disney $115 million for the transfer of rights.) Paramount will be releasing Marvel’s Thor on May 6, 2011 and Captain America on July 22, 2011. “Five years ago, when Paramount and Marvel made our initial deal, both our businesses were in very different places,” Paramount CEO and Chairman Brad Grey said in the release. “We are grateful for the partnership we have had with the terrific Marvel team over these years and proud of the work we have done together. Today, this new agreement is the right deal for Paramount, for Marvel, and for Disney. We look forward to working together on Thor and Captain America, and we wish Disney and Marvel the utmost success, in what we know will be a very productive and wide-ranging partnership.”
Oct 18 2010 03:54 PM ET
'Iron Man 3' to come to theaters in 2013; Disney picks up marketing rights
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- KROQ Weenie Roast concert: Watch live
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'American Idol': Lowest-rated finale ever
- 'Office' ratings surge for series finale
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- 'Office': 15 best episodes
- Grand Canyon tightrope walk on TV in June