Disney, Paramount Pictures, and Marvel Studios have announced via press release that Iron Man 3 will be released in on May 3, 2013. Under a new deal, Disney will be responsible for the marketing and distribution of the film, and will also oversee The Avengers. (The studio paid Disney $115 million for the transfer of rights.) Paramount will be releasing Marvel’s Thor on May 6, 2011 and Captain America on July 22, 2011. “Five years ago, when Paramount and Marvel made our initial deal, both our businesses were in very different places,” Paramount CEO and Chairman Brad Grey said in the release. “We are grateful for the partnership we have had with the terrific Marvel team over these years and proud of the work we have done together. Today, this new agreement is the right deal for Paramount, for Marvel, and for Disney. We look forward to working together on Thor and Captain America, and we wish Disney and Marvel the utmost success, in what we know will be a very productive and wide-ranging partnership.”
'Iron Man 3' to come to theaters in 2013; Disney picks up marketing rights
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': 10 things Andy Serkis can say now
- Celebs on Twitter urge fans to see 'The Interview' to support free speech
- 2015 Preview: See new EW cover
- 'Mythbusters' to put 'Simpsons' to the test: 'We ended up building two replicas of the Springfield house'
- 'Orphan Black' season 3's first photo, with intel on what's in it from series creator Graeme Manson
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live read: Aaron Paul as Luke, J.K. Simmons as Vader
- 'Game of Thrones' teases fans with short, mysterious look at season 5
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst previews finale, names two odds-on favorites to win
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Voice' Season 7 winner is...
- 'The Voice' season finale recap: Live Finale
- Jason Reitman re-staging 'The Empire Strikes Back' with Aaron…
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst names the two favorites to win heading into tonight's finale
- Check out the exclusive first 'Orphan Black' season 3 image (with intel from creator Graeme Manson)