Disney, Paramount Pictures, and Marvel Studios have announced via press release that Iron Man 3 will be released in on May 3, 2013. Under a new deal, Disney will be responsible for the marketing and distribution of the film, and will also oversee The Avengers. (The studio paid Disney $115 million for the transfer of rights.) Paramount will be releasing Marvel’s Thor on May 6, 2011 and Captain America on July 22, 2011. “Five years ago, when Paramount and Marvel made our initial deal, both our businesses were in very different places,” Paramount CEO and Chairman Brad Grey said in the release. “We are grateful for the partnership we have had with the terrific Marvel team over these years and proud of the work we have done together. Today, this new agreement is the right deal for Paramount, for Marvel, and for Disney. We look forward to working together on Thor and Captain America, and we wish Disney and Marvel the utmost success, in what we know will be a very productive and wide-ranging partnership.”
'Iron Man 3' to come to theaters in 2013; Disney picks up marketing rights
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC 'effective immediately'
- Cheerleading taken seriously as a movie topic? Bring it on
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- J.K Rowling writes new Dolores Umbridge story
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- 'Forever' sneak peek: Henry and Jo mix classy and sassy
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Grey's'; 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- The 17 most important GIFs from the 'Avengers 2' trailer