Warner Bros., New Line Cinema and MGM have finally officially announced that Peter Jackson will direct J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit with production beginning in February 2011. The film is planned to be divided into two installments and will be shot in 3D. Said Jackson, “Exploring Tolkien’s Middle-earth goes way beyond a normal film-making experience. It’s an all-immersive journey into a very special place of imagination, beauty and drama. We’re looking forward to re-entering this wondrous world with Gandalf and Bilbo – and our friends at New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers and MGM”.
Peter Jackson officially to direct 'The Hobbit'
- 'Colbert Report' wraps with an immortal, star-studded finale
- 25 best 'Stephen Colbert' moments
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- 'White Collar': Perfect 'Au Revoir' to our favorite con artist?
- 'Suits' promo reveals Louis' next move
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- Neil Patrick Harris arrives at the freak show in 'American Horror Story' promo
- 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'AHS: Freak Show'; 'Survivor'; more TV recaps
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…
- Louis' next move revealed in 'Suits' promo -- exclusive
- 'Game of Thrones': See Arya's radical new costume design -- exclusive
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple answers midseason finale burning questions
- 'White Collar' series finale: The perfect goodbye to our favorite con artist