Warner Bros., New Line Cinema and MGM have finally officially announced that Peter Jackson will direct J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit with production beginning in February 2011. The film is planned to be divided into two installments and will be shot in 3D. Said Jackson, “Exploring Tolkien’s Middle-earth goes way beyond a normal film-making experience. It’s an all-immersive journey into a very special place of imagination, beauty and drama. We’re looking forward to re-entering this wondrous world with Gandalf and Bilbo – and our friends at New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers and MGM”.
Peter Jackson officially to direct 'The Hobbit'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' review: Idiots delight
- 'Big Brother' recap: Strategic moves, for argument's sake...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' recap: Four-gone conclusion
- Brian Williams works his sources on Allison Williams news
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online
- 'Divergent' disturbing deleted scene: Get an eyeful
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits