Warner Bros., New Line Cinema and MGM have finally officially announced that Peter Jackson will direct J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit with production beginning in February 2011. The film is planned to be divided into two installments and will be shot in 3D. Said Jackson, “Exploring Tolkien’s Middle-earth goes way beyond a normal film-making experience. It’s an all-immersive journey into a very special place of imagination, beauty and drama. We’re looking forward to re-entering this wondrous world with Gandalf and Bilbo – and our friends at New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers and MGM”.
Oct 16 2010 01:10 PM ET
Peter Jackson officially to direct 'The Hobbit'
- 'Dancing With the Stars' champs are...
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed: Will he listen?
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- 'Buffy': 10th anniversary of series finale
- Microsoft debuts next-gen Xbox One