Warner Bros., New Line Cinema and MGM have finally officially announced that Peter Jackson will direct J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit with production beginning in February 2011. The film is planned to be divided into two installments and will be shot in 3D. Said Jackson, “Exploring Tolkien’s Middle-earth goes way beyond a normal film-making experience. It’s an all-immersive journey into a very special place of imagination, beauty and drama. We’re looking forward to re-entering this wondrous world with Gandalf and Bilbo – and our friends at New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers and MGM”.
Peter Jackson officially to direct 'The Hobbit'
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- Sarah Silverman's 'SNL' promos: Who's ready for a 'Table Girl' sketch?
- 'Interstellar' trailer takes Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway to a waterworld
- 'Parenthood' sneak peek: Julia and Joel 'have to talk about us'
- J.K. Simmons toys with Miles Teller in 'Whiplash' scene
- Jennifer Love Hewitt on 'Criminal Minds' role: 'Barney Fife to Hotch's Andy'
- Katherine Heigl's patriotically sexy 'State of Affairs' poster
Top 5 Most Read
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast talk 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Poor Little Lambs'