In the wake of Vince Vaughn’s first public statement about the controversial “gay” joke featured in the trailer for his upcoming film The Dilemma, Jarrett Barrios, the president of GLAAD (The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) released the following response late Thursday evening to EW: “When ‘gay’ is used as a pejorative, it frequently sends a message — particularly to youth and their bullies — that being gay is wrong and something to laugh at. We invite Vince Vaughn to work with us and help ensure that gay youth and those perceived to be gay aren’t put in harm’s way by such jokes.”
'The Dilemma': GLAAD responds to Vince Vaughn's statement regarding trailer controversy
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Originals'; 'Gotham'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'SNL' adds Leslie Jones as cast member
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Elena and Stefan are southbound?
Top 5 Most Read
- Disney announces 2016 release for animated feature 'Moana'
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of 'Walking Dead'?
- 'Gotham' costume secrets: Revealing details you may have missed
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: A pecs-tacular shirtless week
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack to be released on cassette tapes