In the wake of Vince Vaughn’s first public statement about the controversial “gay” joke featured in the trailer for his upcoming film The Dilemma, Jarrett Barrios, the president of GLAAD (The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) released the following response late Thursday evening to EW: “When ‘gay’ is used as a pejorative, it frequently sends a message — particularly to youth and their bullies — that being gay is wrong and something to laugh at. We invite Vince Vaughn to work with us and help ensure that gay youth and those perceived to be gay aren’t put in harm’s way by such jokes.”
'The Dilemma': GLAAD responds to Vince Vaughn's statement regarding trailer controversy
- 'Pan' First Look: Hugh Jackman as villain pirate...but don't call him Hook
- American Music Awards 2014: Your take on Taylor Swift, J.Lo, more highs/lows?
- American Music Awards '14: We grade the performances
- American Music Awards 2014: 'Booty' gets buzz for J.Lo and Iggy
- American Music Awards 2014 style: What the stars wore
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Crossed'
- James Franco has 'All the Time' in smartphone ad; we have full version video of Bahamas song here
- 'Jurassic World' teases Thanksgiving trailer: 3 nods to 'Jurassic Park'