In the wake of Vince Vaughn’s first public statement about the controversial “gay” joke featured in the trailer for his upcoming film The Dilemma, Jarrett Barrios, the president of GLAAD (The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) released the following response late Thursday evening to EW: “When ‘gay’ is used as a pejorative, it frequently sends a message — particularly to youth and their bullies — that being gay is wrong and something to laugh at. We invite Vince Vaughn to work with us and help ensure that gay youth and those perceived to be gay aren’t put in harm’s way by such jokes.”
'The Dilemma': GLAAD responds to Vince Vaughn's statement regarding trailer controversy
- 'True Detective' season 1 finale: Our verdict
- 'Game of Thrones': 'answer injustice...with justice'
- 'Normal Heart': 'To win a war you have to start one'
- 'True Detective': Let's cast season 2
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Alone'
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'New York City Serenade'
- 'Once Upon a Time': Jennifer Morrison on Emma in Oz