In the wake of Vince Vaughn’s first public statement about the controversial “gay” joke featured in the trailer for his upcoming film The Dilemma, Jarrett Barrios, the president of GLAAD (The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) released the following response late Thursday evening to EW: “When ‘gay’ is used as a pejorative, it frequently sends a message — particularly to youth and their bullies — that being gay is wrong and something to laugh at. We invite Vince Vaughn to work with us and help ensure that gay youth and those perceived to be gay aren’t put in harm’s way by such jokes.”
'The Dilemma': GLAAD responds to Vince Vaughn's statement regarding trailer controversy
- 'Ghostbusters' director shows us who he's gonna call
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's Anatomy': 'we need an infusion of men'
- 'Grim Fandango Remastered' creator Tim Schafer talks the adventure-game revival
- 'Fantastic Four' teaser: Freezing frames and looking for clues
- Rhea Seehorn wasn't a 'Bad' girl, but now she's all about doing 'Better' for Vince Gilligan
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?
- Chris Pratt talked about as Indiana Jones: Good idea or bad idea?
- 'X-Men'/Storm; 'Battlestar Galactica'; 'American Sniper' give-and-take in Geekly mailbag