British author Howard Jacobson won the 2010 Man Booker Prize on Tuesday for his philosophical comedy The Finkler Question, the AP reports. The $80,000 prize is given annually to a British or Irish writer for a novel released that year. Jacobson won over Peter Carey’s Parrot and Olivier in America, Emma Donoghue’s Room, Damon Galgut’s In a Strange Room, Andrea Levy’s The Long Song, and Tom McCarthy’s C. Last year’s recipient was Hilary Mantel for Wolf Hall.
Oct 12 2010 08:23 PM ET
Howard Jacobson wins Booker Prize for 'The Finkler Question'
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors dies at age 74
- 'DWTS': Moment of silence for Oklahoma
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- John Barrowman: 'Sing Your Face Off' host
- 'Mike & Molly' tornado episode pulled
- 'SNL': A 'Lovely Day' ends an era
- Taylor Swift: About that unicorn tee...