60 Minutes led the way as the highest-rated program on broadcast television last night, according to overnight numbers from Nielsen, which show the long-running newsmagazine drew 14.6 million viewers. However, NBC’s Sunday Night Football—which saw the Philadelphia Eagles take on the San Francisco 49ers—was close behind with 14.2 million total viewers. NBC’s Football, however, did win the evening in the coveted 18-49 demographic, with a rating of 5.7/15 share, far higher than 60 Minutes‘ 3.8/10 share. Rounding out the rest of the top shows for the evening were ABC’s Desperate Housewives with 12.2 million viewers; CBS’ The Amazing Race with 12.1 million viewers, and CBS’ Undercover Boss with 11.9 million viewers.
Sunday TV Ratings: '60 Minutes,' 'Sunday Night Football' on top
- 'Orange Is the New Black' is on the new EW cover
- Laura Prepon on 'Orange': 'Alex fits me like a glove'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty': Purr-plexed?
- HBO shows coming to Amazon Prime
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- John Green set to talk 'Fault' at BookCon panel
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 589
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 469
- Slaves to Love 453
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 494
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO