60 Minutes led the way as the highest-rated program on broadcast television last night, according to overnight numbers from Nielsen, which show the long-running newsmagazine drew 14.6 million viewers. However, NBC’s Sunday Night Football—which saw the Philadelphia Eagles take on the San Francisco 49ers—was close behind with 14.2 million total viewers. NBC’s Football, however, did win the evening in the coveted 18-49 demographic, with a rating of 5.7/15 share, far higher than 60 Minutes‘ 3.8/10 share. Rounding out the rest of the top shows for the evening were ABC’s Desperate Housewives with 12.2 million viewers; CBS’ The Amazing Race with 12.1 million viewers, and CBS’ Undercover Boss with 11.9 million viewers.
Sunday TV Ratings: '60 Minutes,' 'Sunday Night Football' on top
- 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who': TV recaps
- Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- Kim Kardashian as clingy extra-terrestrial hairball on 'American Dad': First Look
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- J.Lo and Iggy Azalea extend the Summer of Butts with 'Booty' remix video
- 'Super Smash Bros.': The best/worst thing ever to happen to Nintendo
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle,' more fresh TV spoilers