60 Minutes led the way as the highest-rated program on broadcast television last night, according to overnight numbers from Nielsen, which show the long-running newsmagazine drew 14.6 million viewers. However, NBC’s Sunday Night Football—which saw the Philadelphia Eagles take on the San Francisco 49ers—was close behind with 14.2 million total viewers. NBC’s Football, however, did win the evening in the coveted 18-49 demographic, with a rating of 5.7/15 share, far higher than 60 Minutes‘ 3.8/10 share. Rounding out the rest of the top shows for the evening were ABC’s Desperate Housewives with 12.2 million viewers; CBS’ The Amazing Race with 12.1 million viewers, and CBS’ Undercover Boss with 11.9 million viewers.
Sunday TV Ratings: '60 Minutes,' 'Sunday Night Football' on top
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- Chris Hardwick shares his Comic-Con '14 photo diary
- 'Doctor Who': 12 episodes you'd pick to get a newbie hooked
- 'Bachelor In Paradise': Ben Scott's deleted 'redemption story' clip
- Ben Stiller's 'Running Wild with Bear Grylls': A sneak peek
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan: Why we're rooting for her
- 'Into the Woods' teaser: No one sings, everyone wishes
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online