60 Minutes led the way as the highest-rated program on broadcast television last night, according to overnight numbers from Nielsen, which show the long-running newsmagazine drew 14.6 million viewers. However, NBC’s Sunday Night Football—which saw the Philadelphia Eagles take on the San Francisco 49ers—was close behind with 14.2 million total viewers. NBC’s Football, however, did win the evening in the coveted 18-49 demographic, with a rating of 5.7/15 share, far higher than 60 Minutes‘ 3.8/10 share. Rounding out the rest of the top shows for the evening were ABC’s Desperate Housewives with 12.2 million viewers; CBS’ The Amazing Race with 12.1 million viewers, and CBS’ Undercover Boss with 11.9 million viewers.
Sunday TV Ratings: '60 Minutes,' 'Sunday Night Football' on top
- 'Ghostbusters' director shows us who he's gonna call
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's Anatomy': 'we need an infusion of men'
- 'Grim Fandango Remastered' creator Tim Schafer talks the adventure-game revival
- 'Fantastic Four' teaser: Freezing frames and looking for clues
- Rhea Seehorn wasn't a 'Bad' girl, but now she's all about doing 'Better' for Vince Gilligan
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?
- Chris Pratt talked about as Indiana Jones: Good idea or bad idea?
- 'X-Men'/Storm; 'Battlestar Galactica'; 'American Sniper' give-and-take in Geekly mailbag