The liger lives on: Fox has given a six-episode commitment to an animated version of Napoleon Dynamite, a network rep confirms. Original cast members including Jon Heder (Napoleon), Efren Ramirez (Pedro), and Aaron Ruell (Kip Dynamite) will lend voices to the project, which centers on Heder’s eccentric Idaho teenager from the 2004 big-screen comedy. The pilot was penned by the film’s writers, Jared and Jerusha Hess, and Simpsons producer Mike Scully. Fox also ordered seven episodes of Allen Gregory, an animated comedy about a famous seven-year-old boy who has to attend public school. Superbad’s Jonah Hill, who co-wrote the pilot and is serving as executive producer, voices the main character.
Fox picks up animated version of 'Napoleon Dynamite,' Jonah Hill series
- 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who': TV recaps
- Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- Kim Kardashian as clingy extra-terrestrial hairball on 'American Dad': First Look
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- J.Lo and Iggy Azalea extend the Summer of Butts with 'Booty' remix video
- 'Super Smash Bros.': The best/worst thing ever to happen to Nintendo
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle,' more fresh TV spoilers