The liger lives on: Fox has given a six-episode commitment to an animated version of Napoleon Dynamite, a network rep confirms. Original cast members including Jon Heder (Napoleon), Efren Ramirez (Pedro), and Aaron Ruell (Kip Dynamite) will lend voices to the project, which centers on Heder’s eccentric Idaho teenager from the 2004 big-screen comedy. The pilot was penned by the film’s writers, Jared and Jerusha Hess, and Simpsons producer Mike Scully. Fox also ordered seven episodes of Allen Gregory, an animated comedy about a famous seven-year-old boy who has to attend public school. Superbad’s Jonah Hill, who co-wrote the pilot and is serving as executive producer, voices the main character.
Fox picks up animated version of 'Napoleon Dynamite,' Jonah Hill series
- 'Captain America 2' is No. 1 Friday: $9.6M
- 'Godzilla' promo: See the monster roar
- Prince surprises fans with a new single
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- 'Orphan Black': Tatiana Maslany 'high octane' promise
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
Top 5 Most Read
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Lost' exec producer Carlton Cuse looks back at plotting the finale -- and picks TV's best goodbye
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…