The liger lives on: Fox has given a six-episode commitment to an animated version of Napoleon Dynamite, a network rep confirms. Original cast members including Jon Heder (Napoleon), Efren Ramirez (Pedro), and Aaron Ruell (Kip Dynamite) will lend voices to the project, which centers on Heder’s eccentric Idaho teenager from the 2004 big-screen comedy. The pilot was penned by the film’s writers, Jared and Jerusha Hess, and Simpsons producer Mike Scully. Fox also ordered seven episodes of Allen Gregory, an animated comedy about a famous seven-year-old boy who has to attend public school. Superbad’s Jonah Hill, who co-wrote the pilot and is serving as executive producer, voices the main character.
Fox picks up animated version of 'Napoleon Dynamite,' Jonah Hill series
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- Hallmark's holiday TV movies: Inside the concepts, casting, and scheduling
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst on the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see
- 'Colbert Report' finale singalong: A complete who's who in all-star chorus
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- 'The Amazing Race' season finale recap: 'All of Nothing'
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer