An extra who was badly hurt on the set of Transformers 3 is suing Paramount for negligence in connection with the Sept. 1 accident that left her with severe head injuries. Gabriela Cedillo, 24, claims that the studio is responsible for the incident, in which a metal cable fell through the window of her car during an action sequence. “We are all terribly sorry that this accident occurred,” said a Paramount spokesperson in a statement. “Our thoughts, prayers and best wishes are with Gabriela, her family and loved ones. The production will continue to provide all the help we can to Gabriela and her family during this difficult time.” Transformers 3 is slated for release on July 1, 2011.
Oct 5 2010 06:26 PM ET
Injured 'Transformers' extra sues Paramount
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!