The auction of the personal items belonging to The Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice, originally scheduled for Aug. 22, has been canceled, People reports. In lieu of a public auction, a legal rep for the family confirmed that a private sale will be held to “maximize the amount of money the Giudice family receives for their valuables.” The Giudices filed for bankruptcy in October 2009 after accumulating almost $11 million in debt, and have been accused of hidden assets and undervalued items not listed on their bankruptcy filing.
Oct 1 2010 04:43 PM ET
'Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Teresa Giudice cancels auction
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors dies at age 74
- 'DWTS': Moment of silence for Oklahoma
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- John Barrowman: 'Sing Your Face Off' host
- 'Mike & Molly' tornado episode pulled
- 'SNL': A 'Lovely Day' ends an era
- Taylor Swift: About that unicorn tee...