A fire damaged Peter Jackson’s production facilities near Wellington, New Zealand, possibly adding further delays to his troubled movie The Hobbit. According to MediaWorks NZ, a blaze broke out on Friday afternoon and lasted for nearly three hours before firefighters could put it out. No one was injured, but a spokesperson for Jackson’s company said that the damaged workshop would’ve been used for work on The Hobbit. The cause of the fire was still unknown.
Fire damages Peter Jackson's studio in New Zealand
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- Golden Globes: 16 snubs that bugged YOU
- 'Vampire Diaries' midseason finale: What's at stake
- 'Grey's Anatomy': A preview from Sarah Drew
- Santa's candid 'Comedy Bang! Bang!' revelation
- Golden Globes: 'Comedy' category becoming a joke
- Golden Globes noms: Who's up/down for Oscars?
- Golden Globes TV noms: Nice surprises, nasty snubs
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video
- '12 Years a Slave' and 'American Hustle' lead Golden Globe nominees
- Golden Globes nominations shocking TV snubs
- Lea Michele opens up about Cory Monteith to Ellen DeGeneres