It may not involve hordes of teenagers screaming over the top of 30-second snippets of popular videos — R.I.P. Total Request Live! — but MTV plans to get back into the business of live, after-school programming. On Sept. 27, the network will launch The Seven, a half-hour show focusing on seven stories about news, pop-culture, fashion, and sex targeted to the 12-to-24-year-old audience, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Seven, which will air at 5 p.m., will be hosted by Kevin Manno and Julie Alexandria, and also feature musical performances and interviews.
MTV launching live afternoon show called 'The Seven'
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 1
- Comic-Con '14 through YOUR lens: Day 1
- Comic-Con '14: Celebs make the rounds, day 1
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- 'Reign' sneak peek: Black Death hits France
- 'Hannibal' yuks it up: Season 2 blooper reel
- 'Star Wars Rebels' First Look: Inquisitor in action
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived