It may not involve hordes of teenagers screaming over the top of 30-second snippets of popular videos — R.I.P. Total Request Live! — but MTV plans to get back into the business of live, after-school programming. On Sept. 27, the network will launch The Seven, a half-hour show focusing on seven stories about news, pop-culture, fashion, and sex targeted to the 12-to-24-year-old audience, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Seven, which will air at 5 p.m., will be hosted by Kevin Manno and Julie Alexandria, and also feature musical performances and interviews.
MTV launching live afternoon show called 'The Seven'
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Doctor Who' recap: 'Into the Dalek'
- 'Outlander' recap: 'The Gathering'
- 'Walking Dead': 6 stars on how they'd like their characters to die
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers