It may not involve hordes of teenagers screaming over the top of 30-second snippets of popular videos — R.I.P. Total Request Live! — but MTV plans to get back into the business of live, after-school programming. On Sept. 27, the network will launch The Seven, a half-hour show focusing on seven stories about news, pop-culture, fashion, and sex targeted to the 12-to-24-year-old audience, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Seven, which will air at 5 p.m., will be hosted by Kevin Manno and Julie Alexandria, and also feature musical performances and interviews.
MTV launching live afternoon show called 'The Seven'
- 'Walking Dead' is 'Lord of the Rings'? Rick is Aragorn, Carl is Frodo...
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Shameless' season 5 trailer hints at plenty of new twists
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- See the first teaser for the final season of 'Justified'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist