Glenn Shadix, 58, best known for playing interior designer Otho in the movie Beetlejuice (1988), died Tuesday morning in Birmingham, Ala., according to a statement posted by the actor’s family on his official website. Shadix, who was in a wheelchair due to mobility problems, reportedly died after falling and hitting his head in his kitchen, the actor’s sister told The Birmingham News. Director Tim Burton cast Shadix in Beetlejuice after seeing him portray Gertrude Stein in a Los Angeles play. Shadix would work with Burton again on The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) and Planet of the Apes (2001). Shadix also did voice work for the animated show Teen Titans, and guest starred in such shows as Carnivàle and Seinfeld (as Jerry’s landlord). A memorial service is scheduled for Sept. 11 in Birmingham.
'Beetlejuice' actor Glenn Shadix dies
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- 'Constantine' series premiere; 'Amazing Race'; more TV recaps
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'