Glenn Shadix, 58, best known for playing interior designer Otho in the movie Beetlejuice (1988), died Tuesday morning in Birmingham, Ala., according to a statement posted by the actor’s family on his official website. Shadix, who was in a wheelchair due to mobility problems, reportedly died after falling and hitting his head in his kitchen, the actor’s sister told The Birmingham News. Director Tim Burton cast Shadix in Beetlejuice after seeing him portray Gertrude Stein in a Los Angeles play. Shadix would work with Burton again on The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) and Planet of the Apes (2001). Shadix also did voice work for the animated show Teen Titans, and guest starred in such shows as Carnivàle and Seinfeld (as Jerry’s landlord). A memorial service is scheduled for Sept. 11 in Birmingham.
'Beetlejuice' actor Glenn Shadix dies
- 'Fifty Shades' pic: Anastasia kisses Christian
- 'Late Night with Seth Meyers' promo art: First Look
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Season 6 supertease
- EW TV Recap Video: 'Amazing Race,' 'Homeland,' more
- 'Grand Theft Auto V' wins big prize at VGX
- 'Amazing Race' recap: And the winners are...
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands
- 'Sherlock': New BBC trailer