Glenn Shadix, 58, best known for playing interior designer Otho in the movie Beetlejuice (1988), died Tuesday morning in Birmingham, Ala., according to a statement posted by the actor’s family on his official website. Shadix, who was in a wheelchair due to mobility problems, reportedly died after falling and hitting his head in his kitchen, the actor’s sister told The Birmingham News. Director Tim Burton cast Shadix in Beetlejuice after seeing him portray Gertrude Stein in a Los Angeles play. Shadix would work with Burton again on The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) and Planet of the Apes (2001). Shadix also did voice work for the animated show Teen Titans, and guest starred in such shows as Carnivàle and Seinfeld (as Jerry’s landlord). A memorial service is scheduled for Sept. 11 in Birmingham.
'Beetlejuice' actor Glenn Shadix dies
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur': And the winner is...
- 'Survivor' season 30 scoop: Jeff Probst shares new details on 'Worlds Apart'
- 'Ascension' finale: Lost in space, or 'Lost' in space?
- 'The Interview' nixed for Xmas theatrical release by Sony
- 'The Interview' gets the hook; would a 'prestige' film have been pulled just the same?
- 'The 100'; 'Top Chef'; more TV recaps
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': 10 things Andy Serkis can say now
- Peter Jackson and 'The Hobbit': Three-peating himself--until one shining moment at the end?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' finale: And the winner is...
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Jeff Probst gives exclusive intel on NEXT season
- Jenny Slate sings Fleetwood Mac's 'Landslide' as Marcel the Shell
- Aaron Sorkin, Steve Carell, and more react to Sony canceling 'The Interview'
- Steve Carell North Korea-set movie dropped