Glenn Shadix, 58, best known for playing interior designer Otho in the movie Beetlejuice (1988), died Tuesday morning in Birmingham, Ala., according to a statement posted by the actor’s family on his official website. Shadix, who was in a wheelchair due to mobility problems, reportedly died after falling and hitting his head in his kitchen, the actor’s sister told The Birmingham News. Director Tim Burton cast Shadix in Beetlejuice after seeing him portray Gertrude Stein in a Los Angeles play. Shadix would work with Burton again on The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) and Planet of the Apes (2001). Shadix also did voice work for the animated show Teen Titans, and guest starred in such shows as Carnivàle and Seinfeld (as Jerry’s landlord). A memorial service is scheduled for Sept. 11 in Birmingham.
'Beetlejuice' actor Glenn Shadix dies
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: WHAT is in that cage?
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are married
- Jimmy Kimmel's 'Friends' fantasy spurs real-life mini-reunion
- 'Teen Wolf' talk with Tyler Posey and Dylan O'Brien: 'I enjoy us'
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': Cressida, Gale among new character posters
- 'Walking Dead' First Look: Seth Gilliam as Father Gabriel Stokes
- 'Walking Dead' costars eagerly spill Andrew Lincoln's hairy secrets
- 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop to hit Manhattan in September
Top 5 Most Read
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- David Chase finally reveals Tony's fate on 'The Sopranos' (Updated)
- Exclusive: 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop hits Manhattan
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: New teaser takes viewers under the big top
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': Meet the rebel army