Ric O’Barry, former trainer on the series Flipper and a participant in the Oscar-winning 2009 documentary The Cove, delivered a petition to the U.S. embassy in Japan yesterday demanding an end to the country’s annual dolphin hunt. O’Barry’s letter was signed by 1.7 million people from 155 nations, according to the Associated Press.
Sep 2 2010 05:44 AM ET
'The Cove' star demands ban on Japanese dolphin hunt
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- KROQ Weenie Roast concert: Watch live
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'American Idol': Lowest-rated finale ever
- 'Office' ratings surge for series finale
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- 'Office': 15 best episodes
- Grand Canyon tightrope walk on TV in June