Plans to shoot The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn in Rio De Janeiro may be scrapped following a gang hostage situation that turned bloody at Rio’s Intercontinental Hotel on Sunday. (Drug gang members took 35 people hostage before participating in a gun battle with police that left one dead and six injured.) AFP reports that while cast and crew are fearful about filming in the area, officials in Rio are attempting to convince them to continue production. Rio is expected to profit up to $1 million if Breaking Dawn shoots in the Brazilian city.
'Breaking Dawn' may not film in Rio, following violent shoot-out
- 'SNL': How'd Jim Carrey do?
- 'Doctor Who'; 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- Bill Murray: 11 personas he's perfected
- 37 'sexy' Halloween costumes?
- Kids and coots: Movies' unlikeliest buddies?
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Comic-book collecting: What draws you to it?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV