Plans to shoot The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn in Rio De Janeiro may be scrapped following a gang hostage situation that turned bloody at Rio’s Intercontinental Hotel on Sunday. (Drug gang members took 35 people hostage before participating in a gun battle with police that left one dead and six injured.) AFP reports that while cast and crew are fearful about filming in the area, officials in Rio are attempting to convince them to continue production. Rio is expected to profit up to $1 million if Breaking Dawn shoots in the Brazilian city.
'Breaking Dawn' may not film in Rio, following violent shoot-out
- 'Super Bowl's Greatest Commercials' is big winner in ratings
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales show surprising surge
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' song from Sia: Hear 'Salted Wound'
- 'Fantastic Four' trailer takes some cues from 'Interstellar'
- Larry Wilmore on 'Sniper': 'theater of war is very different than watching a film about war in a theater'
- Tyrese's 2020 vision on Instagram: Can you see him as Green Lantern?
- 'Bachelor'; 'Celebrity Apprentice'; 'Jane the Virgin'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; 'Originals'; 'Gotham' recaps
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?