Plans to shoot The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn in Rio De Janeiro may be scrapped following a gang hostage situation that turned bloody at Rio’s Intercontinental Hotel on Sunday. (Drug gang members took 35 people hostage before participating in a gun battle with police that left one dead and six injured.) AFP reports that while cast and crew are fearful about filming in the area, officials in Rio are attempting to convince them to continue production. Rio is expected to profit up to $1 million if Breaking Dawn shoots in the Brazilian city.
'Breaking Dawn' may not film in Rio, following violent shoot-out
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Strangers'
- 'Once Upon a Time'; 'Revenge'; 'The Affair'; 'Homeland'; more TV recaps
- 'Good Wife'; 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'; more TV recaps
- Walking Dead': Steven Yeun talks Glenn, Maggie, Tara, and Terminus
- 'Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz on Abraham's big push to get to D.C.
- 'Family Guy': Cookies, cough syrup, and Connie Britton in 'Baking Bad'
- 'The Simpsons': 25 best 'Treehouse of Horror' segments
- 'Manhattan' season finale: Series boss Sam Shaw answers burning Q's