Michael Been, vocalist and guitarist for the 1980s band The Call, suffered a heart attack in Belgium on Thursday and died. He was 60 years old. Been had been touring with his son’s band, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, serving as a sound engineer, when he was stricken backstage at the Pukkelpop Music Festival in Hasselt. The Call produced 10 albums between 1982 and 2000, including 1989′s Let the Day Begin, the title track of which later became a campaign song for Al Gore in 2000.
Michael Been of The Call dies
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'Game of Thrones': Aidan Gillen says...
- 'The Cripple of Inishmaan': EW stage review
- 'Veep' cast: My dream scene would be...
- Sutton Foster in 'Violet': EW stage review
- 'Everest Jump Live' canceled after tragedy
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Salem' series premiere: Worth a look?
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]
- Box office report: 'Captain America' crosses $200 million in its third week
- Fox executive fired over Flight 370 charity email