Michael Been, vocalist and guitarist for the 1980s band The Call, suffered a heart attack in Belgium on Thursday and died. He was 60 years old. Been had been touring with his son’s band, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, serving as a sound engineer, when he was stricken backstage at the Pukkelpop Music Festival in Hasselt. The Call produced 10 albums between 1982 and 2000, including 1989′s Let the Day Begin, the title track of which later became a campaign song for Al Gore in 2000.
Michael Been of The Call dies
- Batman Day: 'character always open to interpretation'
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Jon Stewart: 'Let's Buy CNN' -- with incentives
- 'Downton Abbey' boss: Season 4 'one of the strongest'
- Robert Kirkman talks 'AIR,' Norman Reedus' role in it
- Summer sleepers: 14 unexpected movie hits
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- 'Get On Up': It's Chadwick Boseman's world
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Every 'The Simpsons' episode is going online
- 'Arrow' producer reveals details of season 3's Big Bad and 'Flash' crossover episode
- See Carol, Judith, and Rick of 'The Walking Dead' in new season 5 images