HBO is unlikely to partner with Netflix for streaming over the Internet and will instead focus on offering subscribers an online viewing option via HBO GO, Bloomberg reports. Eric Kessler, co-president of HBO (which, like EW, is part of Time Warner), told Bloomberg that HBO GO will be available to paying subscribers at no additional cost through all major cable systems, on Apple Inc.’s iPad, and on mobile devices in six months. Right now, HBO GO is available for customers of Comcast and Verizon FiOS.
HBO unlikely to make online deal with Netflix
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast, Movies, at SAG Awards; see full list of honorees
- Miss Universe 2015: 10 out of this world moments
- 'Outlander' returns in April--but you can see comeback episode's first scene here now
- SAG Awards 2015: 10 favorite speeches
- SAG Awards 2015: Red carpet arrivals
- 'How to Get Away With Murder' sneak peek: 'See you in court, kids'
- EW's SAG Awards Party 2015: What the stars wore
- 'Downton Abbey'; 'SNL'; 'Galavant'; 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' recaps