HBO is unlikely to partner with Netflix for streaming over the Internet and will instead focus on offering subscribers an online viewing option via HBO GO, Bloomberg reports. Eric Kessler, co-president of HBO (which, like EW, is part of Time Warner), told Bloomberg that HBO GO will be available to paying subscribers at no additional cost through all major cable systems, on Apple Inc.’s iPad, and on mobile devices in six months. Right now, HBO GO is available for customers of Comcast and Verizon FiOS.
HBO unlikely to make online deal with Netflix
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'SNL' adds Leslie Jones as cast member
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'Gotham'; 'Originals'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Elena and Stefan are southbound?
- Taylor Swift's 'Welcome to New York' arrives