HBO is unlikely to partner with Netflix for streaming over the Internet and will instead focus on offering subscribers an online viewing option via HBO GO, Bloomberg reports. Eric Kessler, co-president of HBO (which, like EW, is part of Time Warner), told Bloomberg that HBO GO will be available to paying subscribers at no additional cost through all major cable systems, on Apple Inc.’s iPad, and on mobile devices in six months. Right now, HBO GO is available for customers of Comcast and Verizon FiOS.
Aug 17 2010 03:45 PM ET
HBO unlikely to make online deal with Netflix
- James Gandolfini dies at age 51
- James Gandolfini 'a genius': David Chase
- James Gandolfini dies: Tributes on Twitter
- James Gandolfini: 15 classic 'Tony' lines
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?
- 'World War Z': EW movie review