HBO is unlikely to partner with Netflix for streaming over the Internet and will instead focus on offering subscribers an online viewing option via HBO GO, Bloomberg reports. Eric Kessler, co-president of HBO (which, like EW, is part of Time Warner), told Bloomberg that HBO GO will be available to paying subscribers at no additional cost through all major cable systems, on Apple Inc.’s iPad, and on mobile devices in six months. Right now, HBO GO is available for customers of Comcast and Verizon FiOS.
HBO unlikely to make online deal with Netflix
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 'Dallas' star Patrick Duffy still has 'Man From Atlantis' eyes, recalls Lynda Carter crush
- Jennifer Garner and Denis Leary in 'Draft Day' scene you didn't see; watch it here
- 'Masters of Sex' costume designer on taking series' style into 1960
- 'Love Prison': Watch episode 1 of A&E's online-daters-on-a-deserted-island series
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies