HBO is unlikely to partner with Netflix for streaming over the Internet and will instead focus on offering subscribers an online viewing option via HBO GO, Bloomberg reports. Eric Kessler, co-president of HBO (which, like EW, is part of Time Warner), told Bloomberg that HBO GO will be available to paying subscribers at no additional cost through all major cable systems, on Apple Inc.’s iPad, and on mobile devices in six months. Right now, HBO GO is available for customers of Comcast and Verizon FiOS.
HBO unlikely to make online deal with Netflix
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 'Leftovers': The last straw
- 'True Blood': Anna Paquin's hair is to dye for
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Mad Max' trailer: 'My world is fire and blood'
- 'Ant-Man': Has Peyton Reed heard from Edgar Wright?
- 'Game of Thrones': Epic season 4 blooper reel
- 'Simpsons' season premiere peek: Is Homer a goner?