Zsa Zsa Gabor was released from a Los Angeles hospital Monday afternoon with the intention of remaining at her Bel Air home for “as long as possible,” her publicist tells EW.com. The seriously ill 93-year-old actress and socialite had two blood clots removed over the weekend and, at her request, was read last rites by a priest. The complications stem from a hip replacement surgery in July. Gabor’s publicist, John Blanchette, said that Gabor and her husband, Frederick Prinz von Anhalt, declined the option for a liver surgery that would have given her a 50 percent chance of survival. “They decided that they didn’t want to do any more operations and that they wanted to go home,” said Blanchette, who described Gabor as being “in and out of consciousness.”
Zsa Zsa Gabor leaves hospital, decides to stay at home
- 'Transcendence': EW movie review
- 'Heaven Is for Real': EW movie review
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- Alice Cooper: Welcome to his nightmare (at Tribeca)
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- 'American Idol' recap: Alabama shaky
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Go It Alone'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch the gripping first three minutes before Tribeca -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: We're All In This Alone