Zsa Zsa Gabor was released from a Los Angeles hospital Monday afternoon with the intention of remaining at her Bel Air home for “as long as possible,” her publicist tells EW.com. The seriously ill 93-year-old actress and socialite had two blood clots removed over the weekend and, at her request, was read last rites by a priest. The complications stem from a hip replacement surgery in July. Gabor’s publicist, John Blanchette, said that Gabor and her husband, Frederick Prinz von Anhalt, declined the option for a liver surgery that would have given her a 50 percent chance of survival. “They decided that they didn’t want to do any more operations and that they wanted to go home,” said Blanchette, who described Gabor as being “in and out of consciousness.”
Zsa Zsa Gabor leaves hospital, decides to stay at home
- Jim Carrey hosts 'SNL': Tell us how the show looks to you as it airs
- 'Doctor Who'; 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- Kids and coots: Movies' unlikeliest buddies?
- Bill Murray: 11 personas he's perfected
- 37 'sexy' Halloween costumes?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending