Zsa Zsa Gabor was released from a Los Angeles hospital Monday afternoon with the intention of remaining at her Bel Air home for “as long as possible,” her publicist tells EW.com. The seriously ill 93-year-old actress and socialite had two blood clots removed over the weekend and, at her request, was read last rites by a priest. The complications stem from a hip replacement surgery in July. Gabor’s publicist, John Blanchette, said that Gabor and her husband, Frederick Prinz von Anhalt, declined the option for a liver surgery that would have given her a 50 percent chance of survival. “They decided that they didn’t want to do any more operations and that they wanted to go home,” said Blanchette, who described Gabor as being “in and out of consciousness.”
Zsa Zsa Gabor leaves hospital, decides to stay at home
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- 'The Amazing Race' season finale recap: 'All of Nothing'
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer