Zsa Zsa Gabor was released from a Los Angeles hospital Monday afternoon with the intention of remaining at her Bel Air home for “as long as possible,” her publicist tells EW.com. The seriously ill 93-year-old actress and socialite had two blood clots removed over the weekend and, at her request, was read last rites by a priest. The complications stem from a hip replacement surgery in July. Gabor’s publicist, John Blanchette, said that Gabor and her husband, Frederick Prinz von Anhalt, declined the option for a liver surgery that would have given her a 50 percent chance of survival. “They decided that they didn’t want to do any more operations and that they wanted to go home,” said Blanchette, who described Gabor as being “in and out of consciousness.”
Zsa Zsa Gabor leaves hospital, decides to stay at home
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- Halloween 2014: EW's favorite celebrity costumes
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying
Top 5 Most Read
- NBC to cancel 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' with zombie twist
- Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'
- How 'The Big Bang Theory' scored Billy Bob Thornton for a surprise guest spot
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist' and more