Spyglass Entertainment is nearing a deal to run debt-ridden movie studio MGM, according to The Wall Street Journal. Spyglass, which has co-financed such movies as Dinner for Schmucks, Star Trek, and The Sixth Sense, would receive a 4 percent ownership stake in the restructured studio, and creditors would forgive MGM’s $4 billion debt in exchange for the bulk of the studio’s new equity. A deal could reportedly be finished as soon as this week, ultimately paving the way for MGM to return to making movies, including the James Bond franchise and Peter Jackson’s two Hobbit films.
Spyglass Entertainment reportedly nearing deal to run MGM
- 'Survivor' scouting report: John Rocker's plan if he's recognized?
- Rembrandts are there for 'Friends' fans at N.Y. pop-up Central Perk
- Frankie's 'Big Brother' regret? 'Trusting Caleb. Period.'
- 'Sons of Anarchy'; 'New Girl'; 'Mindy Project'; 'Utopia'; 'Big Brother'; 'DWTS' recaps
- Fall TV 2014: EW critics pick 6 new series to watch
- C-3PO's 'Star Wars' past, present, and future: A deep-dive Q&A with Anthony Daniels
- Julianna Margulies and Jimmy Fallon sing the High School Announcement Hits
- 'Texas Chain Saw Massacre' outtakes unearthed for 40th anniversary collector's set
- No Blood On His Hands 550
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 551
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 484
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 416
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Frankie of 'Big Brother' says he does not regret pushing the Rewind button and wants to marry Zach
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Toil and Till'
- Tom Hiddleston to star in King-Kong spin-off, 'Skull Island'