Ellen DeGeneres’ wife, actress Portia de Rossi, filed a request with the Los Angeles County Superior Court last Friday to legally change her name to Portia Lee James DeGeneres, E! Online reports. De Rossi previously changed her name when she was 15 from Amanda Lee Rogers to its current form. DeGeneres and De Rossi married in August 2008, when same-sex marriage licenses were being granted in California. De Rossi filed the name change petition two days after a California federal judge ruled that Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriages, was unconstitutional.
Portia de Rossi files request to change her last name to DeGeneres
- 'Sons of Anarchy' trailer asks if Jax does bad things (Spoiler: Yes)
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': Cressida, Gale among new character posters
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water': Meet the 9 pairs
- 'Outlander' author Diana Gabaldon visits 18th-century Scotland: First Look
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Fly through the air with the greatest unease
- 'Walking Dead' First Look/Q&A: Seth Gilliam as Father Gabriel Stokes
- 'Walking Dead': See 4 new EW collector's covers
- 'Pretty Little Liars' finale postmortem: (Spoiler) talks 'epic death'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: New teaser takes viewers under the big top
- David Chase finally reveals Tony's fate on 'The Sopranos'
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Exclusive: 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop hits Manhattan
- New 'Survivor' cast boasts MLB pitcher John Rocker, Spider-Man actor, and 'Amazing Race' twins