Ellen DeGeneres’ wife, actress Portia de Rossi, filed a request with the Los Angeles County Superior Court last Friday to legally change her name to Portia Lee James DeGeneres, E! Online reports. De Rossi previously changed her name when she was 15 from Amanda Lee Rogers to its current form. DeGeneres and De Rossi married in August 2008, when same-sex marriage licenses were being granted in California. De Rossi filed the name change petition two days after a California federal judge ruled that Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriages, was unconstitutional.
Portia de Rossi files request to change her last name to DeGeneres
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO