Ellen DeGeneres’ wife, actress Portia de Rossi, filed a request with the Los Angeles County Superior Court last Friday to legally change her name to Portia Lee James DeGeneres, E! Online reports. De Rossi previously changed her name when she was 15 from Amanda Lee Rogers to its current form. DeGeneres and De Rossi married in August 2008, when same-sex marriage licenses were being granted in California. De Rossi filed the name change petition two days after a California federal judge ruled that Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriages, was unconstitutional.
Portia de Rossi files request to change her last name to DeGeneres
- 'SNL' ready: Clips of 11 funny black women
- 'Spider-Man' spin-offs: Heroes and villains
- 'Normal Heart': First Look photo
- 'Once Upon a Time' preview: 'Peter Pan never fails'
- 2013 Apocalypse Movie Quiz: Show what you know!
- Beyonce 'Visual Album': Preview the videos/songs
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- Jon Hamm interviews (former student) Ellie Kemper
Top 5 Most Read
- Disney Channel plans original movie 'Descendants,' featuring teenage kids of classic villains
- Golden Globes: Alfonso Cuaron on his bumpy 'Gravity' journey and the inaccuracy you never noticed
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: Stand Up and Take It
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler reveal 'Star Wars VII' roles; J.J. Abrams responds
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Devil Came In'