Ellen DeGeneres’ wife, actress Portia de Rossi, filed a request with the Los Angeles County Superior Court last Friday to legally change her name to Portia Lee James DeGeneres, E! Online reports. De Rossi previously changed her name when she was 15 from Amanda Lee Rogers to its current form. DeGeneres and De Rossi married in August 2008, when same-sex marriage licenses were being granted in California. De Rossi filed the name change petition two days after a California federal judge ruled that Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriages, was unconstitutional.
Portia de Rossi files request to change her last name to DeGeneres
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits
- Jenny Slate booked for 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' season premiere
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online
- 'Divergent' disturbing deleted scene: Get an eyeful
- Daniel Radcliffe: How Spider-Man let him be a fly on the wall in S.D.
- 'Peter Pan': Let's make it a full-on 'Girls' night out
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln on Rick juggling brutality/humanity
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live'
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- Paramount deletes tweet of Australian 'TMNT' poster amid 9/11 controversy