Ellen DeGeneres’ wife, actress Portia de Rossi, filed a request with the Los Angeles County Superior Court last Friday to legally change her name to Portia Lee James DeGeneres, E! Online reports. De Rossi previously changed her name when she was 15 from Amanda Lee Rogers to its current form. DeGeneres and De Rossi married in August 2008, when same-sex marriage licenses were being granted in California. De Rossi filed the name change petition two days after a California federal judge ruled that Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriages, was unconstitutional.
Portia de Rossi files request to change her last name to DeGeneres
- 'American Idol': Singer going home is...
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Gone Girl'
- 'Reign' react: 'The Consummation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 'Suits' boss talks 'Buried Secrets'
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- Matthew McConaughey: His 15 best
- 'Bachelor': Watch Chris grill Juan Pablo about Clare
Top 5 Most Read
- Andre Benjamin is Jimi Hendrix: See the singer's soft side in first 'All is By My Side' clip -- EXCLUSIVE
- SXSW: Tobe Hooper talks about the new, restored version of 'The Texas Chain Saw Massacre' -- EXCLUSIVE POSTER
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington returning!
- 'American Idol' recap: Down With This Ship
- Angelina Jolie: My daughter was the only kid NOT scared of 'Maleficent' -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTO