Deadline.com is reporting, and EW has confirmed, that Viggo Mortensen and Amy Adams will join the cast of On the Road, the adaptation of Jack Kerouac’s classic Beat Generation novel. Mortensen will play Old Bull Lee, famously based on author William S. Burroughs, and Adams will play his wife Jane, based on Burrough’s common-law wife Joan Vollmer. The film also stars Garrett Hedlund (TRON: Legacy, out in Dec.), Kristen Stewart, Kirsten Dunst, and Sam Riley; director Walter Salles (The Motorcycle Diaries) began filming today.
Viggo Mortensen, Amy Adams join 'On The Road'
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- 'Animal': Feast your eyes on horror poster/trailer
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- 'Scandal': Is Rowan or Cyrus the biggest creep?
- 'Petals on the Wind': First Look trailer
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Castle' goes '70s: Foxy Lanie!
- Johnny Depp: 20 hair dos and don'ts
Top 5 Most Read
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…