Deadline.com is reporting, and EW has confirmed, that Viggo Mortensen and Amy Adams will join the cast of On the Road, the adaptation of Jack Kerouac’s classic Beat Generation novel. Mortensen will play Old Bull Lee, famously based on author William S. Burroughs, and Adams will play his wife Jane, based on Burrough’s common-law wife Joan Vollmer. The film also stars Garrett Hedlund (TRON: Legacy, out in Dec.), Kristen Stewart, Kirsten Dunst, and Sam Riley; director Walter Salles (The Motorcycle Diaries) began filming today.
Viggo Mortensen, Amy Adams join 'On The Road'
- 'Colbert Report' wraps with an immortal, star-studded finale
- 25 best 'Stephen Colbert' moments
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- 'White Collar': Perfect 'Au Revoir' to our favorite con artist?
- 'Suits' promo reveals Louis' next move
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- Neil Patrick Harris arrives at the freak show in 'American Horror Story' promo
- 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'AHS: Freak Show'; 'Survivor'; more TV recaps
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Louis' next move revealed in 'Suits' promo -- exclusive
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple answers midseason finale burning questions
- 'White Collar' series finale: The perfect goodbye to our favorite con artist