Days before the Aug. 7 deadline, Haitian-American superstar Wyclef Jean has confirmed to Time.com that he will run for President of Haiti in this year’s Nov. 28 election. “If not for the earthquake, I probably would have waited another 10 years before doing this,” Jean said. “If I can’t take five years out to serve my country as President…then everything I’ve been singing about, like equal rights, doesn’t mean anything.” Jean may announce his candidacy on Thursday’s Larry King Live once he has arrived in Port-au-Prince from New York.
Wyclef Jean to run for President of Haiti
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence and others' nude pics hacked?
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': 100 things that happened (maybe?)
- 'Bachelor in Paradise'; 'Under the Dome' recaps
- 'Houdini' react: Spymaster of illusion?
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies