Days before the Aug. 7 deadline, Haitian-American superstar Wyclef Jean has confirmed to Time.com that he will run for President of Haiti in this year’s Nov. 28 election. “If not for the earthquake, I probably would have waited another 10 years before doing this,” Jean said. “If I can’t take five years out to serve my country as President…then everything I’ve been singing about, like equal rights, doesn’t mean anything.” Jean may announce his candidacy on Thursday’s Larry King Live once he has arrived in Port-au-Prince from New York.
Wyclef Jean to run for President of Haiti
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan: Why we're rooting for her
- Katy Perry: Queen of the pop-art charts in 'This Is How We Do'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' review: Idiots delight
- Robert Kirkman: I know fates of 'Walking Dead' characters
- 'Dog Day Afternoon': Meet man who lived it in new documentary
- 'Into the Woods' teaser: No one sings, everyone wishes
- E.T. phone 911: See trailer for alien horror film 'Extraterrestrial'
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits