Days before the Aug. 7 deadline, Haitian-American superstar Wyclef Jean has confirmed to Time.com that he will run for President of Haiti in this year’s Nov. 28 election. “If not for the earthquake, I probably would have waited another 10 years before doing this,” Jean said. “If I can’t take five years out to serve my country as President…then everything I’ve been singing about, like equal rights, doesn’t mean anything.” Jean may announce his candidacy on Thursday’s Larry King Live once he has arrived in Port-au-Prince from New York.
Wyclef Jean to run for President of Haiti
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'Gilmore Girls': Amy Sherman-Palladino on how the 'thousand yellow daisies' scene grew
- Marvel on cryptic crossover art: 'Stay Tuned!' So, let's theorize...
- Danielle Panabaker on 'The Flash': 'I think there's something brewing' for Barry and Caitlin
- 'Lassa Fever' to 'The Dreaming Death': 5 soap opera epidemics
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- Ray Fisher: Meet DC's 'Cyborg'
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?