Days before the Aug. 7 deadline, Haitian-American superstar Wyclef Jean has confirmed to Time.com that he will run for President of Haiti in this year’s Nov. 28 election. “If not for the earthquake, I probably would have waited another 10 years before doing this,” Jean said. “If I can’t take five years out to serve my country as President…then everything I’ve been singing about, like equal rights, doesn’t mean anything.” Jean may announce his candidacy on Thursday’s Larry King Live once he has arrived in Port-au-Prince from New York.
Wyclef Jean to run for President of Haiti
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- Comic-Con 2014 Preview Night: And we're off...
- 'Constantine': Comic-Con's verdict?
- 'Ant-Man' Comic-Con poster: First Look
- 'Lucy': EW movie review
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': 2 concept art posters
- Comic-Con: Norman Reedus as Marshmallow Man?
- Sigourney Weaver is digital Ripley in 'Alien' game