The Miramax name and film library has been sold to a group of investors, which includes actor Rob Lowe, for an estimated $660 million. Lowe’s involvement comes by way of a media investment fund he started with Colony Capital investment firm head Tom Barrack. “The acquisition of a classic brand like Miramax is an exciting first step in my partnership with Tom Barrack and Colony Capital,” said Lowe. “This represents an exciting new chapter for me.” New films included in the sale include the Jennifer Aniston-Jason Bateman flick The Switch and the Guillermo del Toro-produced Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark.
Miramax sold to group of investors, including Rob Lowe
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- 'How I Met Your Mother' recap: 'Daisy'
- 'Voice': Shakira Jones and the Architect of Destiny
- 'Believe': First impressions?
- Cristin Milioti: 'HIMYM' buzz on Mother's fate 'crazy'
- 'True Detective' creator Nic Pizzolatto talks finale
- 'True Detective' season 1 finale: Our verdict