The Miramax name and film library has been sold to a group of investors, which includes actor Rob Lowe, for an estimated $660 million. Lowe’s involvement comes by way of a media investment fund he started with Colony Capital investment firm head Tom Barrack. “The acquisition of a classic brand like Miramax is an exciting first step in my partnership with Tom Barrack and Colony Capital,” said Lowe. “This represents an exciting new chapter for me.” New films included in the sale include the Jennifer Aniston-Jason Bateman flick The Switch and the Guillermo del Toro-produced Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark.
Miramax sold to group of investors, including Rob Lowe
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Star Wars' trailer wish list: VII things we hope to see
- Thanksgiving Day Parade: How'd it look to you?
- 'How to Get Away with Murder’ team on the pre-reveal killer theories they liked best
- 10 Thanksgivings with 'Friends'
- 10 movies that serve up memorable Thanksgivings
- Retire? Liars! 12 musical acts who said goodbye... doesn't mean forever
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)