The Miramax name and film library has been sold to a group of investors, which includes actor Rob Lowe, for an estimated $660 million. Lowe’s involvement comes by way of a media investment fund he started with Colony Capital investment firm head Tom Barrack. “The acquisition of a classic brand like Miramax is an exciting first step in my partnership with Tom Barrack and Colony Capital,” said Lowe. “This represents an exciting new chapter for me.” New films included in the sale include the Jennifer Aniston-Jason Bateman flick The Switch and the Guillermo del Toro-produced Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark.
Miramax sold to group of investors, including Rob Lowe
- 13 reality TV hits: Best season was...
- 'Friends' with Gunther: A visit to N.Y.'s pop-up Central Perk
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt in 'By the Sea': 3 First Look photos
- 'Breaking Bad': 'Ozymandias' writer and director look back at milestone episode
- Ryan Murphy shares 'AHS: Freak Show' details: 'This season, once you die, you're dead'
- 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' tapestry revealed
- 'Mockingjay' trailer: 'It's the things we love most that destroy us'
- Miss America 2015 TV gems: Funniest Fact, Meanest Jab, Most Glorious Pun, more
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- War is hell in the new 'Mockingjay' trailer
- Ryan Murphy on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'This season, once you die, you're dead'
- First Look: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt swept away in romantic drama 'By the Sea'
- Miss America 2015: 'Jane Austin,' terrifying frogs, and more of what you missed