The Miramax name and film library has been sold to a group of investors, which includes actor Rob Lowe, for an estimated $660 million. Lowe’s involvement comes by way of a media investment fund he started with Colony Capital investment firm head Tom Barrack. “The acquisition of a classic brand like Miramax is an exciting first step in my partnership with Tom Barrack and Colony Capital,” said Lowe. “This represents an exciting new chapter for me.” New films included in the sale include the Jennifer Aniston-Jason Bateman flick The Switch and the Guillermo del Toro-produced Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark.
Miramax sold to group of investors, including Rob Lowe
- 'Star Wars Rebels' First Look: Inquisitor in action
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- 'Leprechaun: Origins': First Look at troublemaker
- 'Hannibal' yuks it up: Season 2 blooper reel
- Misha Collins' Scavenger Hunt: No record is safe?
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- 'Reign' cast: Can you ID the 'stealth nerd'?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived