The Miramax name and film library has been sold to a group of investors, which includes actor Rob Lowe, for an estimated $660 million. Lowe’s involvement comes by way of a media investment fund he started with Colony Capital investment firm head Tom Barrack. “The acquisition of a classic brand like Miramax is an exciting first step in my partnership with Tom Barrack and Colony Capital,” said Lowe. “This represents an exciting new chapter for me.” New films included in the sale include the Jennifer Aniston-Jason Bateman flick The Switch and the Guillermo del Toro-produced Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark.
Miramax sold to group of investors, including Rob Lowe
- 'SNL' preview: Third time's the charm for Jim Carrey?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Zoe Saldana on first profile in her 'My Hero' series: My mom 'really let us find our own voice'
- Comic-book collecting: What draws you to it?
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season