MTV is proceeding with development on a reality series about aspiring girl group the Electric Barbarellas, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The show gained notoriety last month when reports surfaced that Viacom chair Sumner Redstone had pushed for its creation over others’ objections. Redstone subsequently left a controversial voicemail for Daily Beast columnist Peter Lauria, demanding that the journalist reveal his source on the Electric Barbarellas story.
MTV's Electric Barbarellas show still on track
- 'Terminator: Genisys': Meet the main characters/cast in EW exclusive portraits
- 'Terminator: Genisys': What we saw on the set--and hints on new twists
- 'Terminator: Genisys' storyboards: EW exclusive peek
- 'Party Down South 2' trailer: No sleep 'til Biloxi
- 'Inherent Vice': First Look at cover art for movie tie-in edition of novel
- 'AHS: Freak Show'; 'Survivor'; 'Arrow'; 'Nashville'; 'Top Chef'; more TV recaps
- Jim Carrey nails McConaughey voice again: 'All I gotta do is let go of the illusion that I exist'
- Spider-Man fans, take a good long look at Marvel's latest Summer '15 teaser
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- 'Game of Thrones' cast signs on for 7th season, for a reportedly 'huge' raise
- This week's cover: First look at 'Terminator: Genisys'