Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan, who stumbled on stage Wednesday night during the band’s concert in Tampa, revealed on Twitter that his spill was actually the result of blacking out. “And for those that saw me fall last night during Bullet [With Butterfly Wings] that wasn’t a stage move or clumsiness, that was me blacking out and wiping out.” A second tweet added, “I have no memory of falling against the drum riser and my guitar cabinet, but I can tell you I’ve got quite a good bruise + am moving slow.” Corgan recovered to perform 11 more songs that night, and the slip went unnoticed in most concert reviews.
Billy Corgan 'blacks out' on stage
- 'Gone Girl' review: Put it on the 'A' list
- 'Friends' A to Z: Saluting a TV classic on its 20th anniversary
- 'Saturday Night Live' cast changes: Tracking 40 years of turnover
- Andrew J. West (a.k.a. mysterious baddie Gareth) talks 'Walking Dead'
- Jeff Probst's 'Survivor' scouting report: 3 pairs to keep an eye on
- 'Good Wife'; 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'Real Housewives of N.J.'; 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who' recaps
- 10 essential graphic novels that have faced bans and challenges
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin