20th Century Fox is revving up a movie about 19-year-old outlaw Colton Harris-Moore, notoriously dubbed the “Barefoot Bandit,” and has hired Dustin Lance Black (Milk) to write the screenplay, according to Variety. David Gordon Green, who is the producing the film, is also in final talks to direct. The movie will be based on a book proposal, Taking Flight: The Hunt for a Young Outlaw, by Outside adventure magazine writer Bob Friel. Harris-Moore was arrested July 11 in the Bahamas after spending the past two years on the run and allegedly committing burglary at more than 100 private residences, in addition to stealing and learning to fly at least five small aircraft. He is now awaiting trial in the state of Washington.
Jul 21 2010 09:55 PM ET
Dustin Lance Black hired to write 'Barefoot Bandit' movie about real-life teen outlaw
- Amanda Bynes arrested in N.Y.
- 'Arrested Development': It's almost here!
- Billy Joel in 'N.Y. Times Mag': 10 tidbits
- 'Simpsons': Visit Springfield (in Orlando)
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- CBS: Full trailers for new fall shows
- 'Intervention' canceled by A&E
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!