The Institute, a media company founded by Michael Bay and Scott Gardenhour that integrates brand marketing into its storytelling, will produce Hansel and Gretel in 3D with Kalliope Films. The live-action adaptation of the Grimm Brothers’ fairytale is expected to shoot on location in Germany in spring 2011. In addition to the infamous witch in the gingerbread house, the film will feature legendary creatures of German mythology designed by Joseph C. Pepe, the lead character designer from Avatar.
'Hansel and Gretel' from Michael Bay's Institute to be 3-D
- 'The Voice' recap: Coach me if you can
- 'Game of Thrones' team: 7 seasons is the plan
- 'Real Housewives': The price of fame
- 10 graphic novels as movie storyboard?
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelor' blog: 'After the Final Rose'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' react: 'Unbridled'
- 'Between Two Ferns': How Obama clip happened
- 'Veronica Mars': 10 essential episodes