The Institute, a media company founded by Michael Bay and Scott Gardenhour that integrates brand marketing into its storytelling, will produce Hansel and Gretel in 3D with Kalliope Films. The live-action adaptation of the Grimm Brothers’ fairytale is expected to shoot on location in Germany in spring 2011. In addition to the infamous witch in the gingerbread house, the film will feature legendary creatures of German mythology designed by Joseph C. Pepe, the lead character designer from Avatar.
'Hansel and Gretel' from Michael Bay's Institute to be 3-D
- 'Teen Wolf' cartwheels into Comic-Con
- Comic-Con '14: EW's celebrity GIF guide, day 1
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- Key & Peele: See new sketch screened at Comic-Con
- 'Community' back 'probably sometime after Christmas'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- Cosplay at Comic-Con '14: Day 1