Melissa Etheridge’s ex, Popular star Tammy Lynn Michaels, has filed for full legal and physical custody of the couple’s three-year-old twins, People reports. She’s asking that Etheridge, who filed papers July 2 to end their partnership with a request for joint custody and no spousal support, receive visitation and pay spousal support. Michaels’ lawyer told People she filed paperwork to dissolve their marriage. “Tammy filed a dissolution of marriage, because in her eyes this was a marriage. Both she and Melissa gave it the dignity of a marriage – they had a marital ceremony back in 2001,” attorney Steve Knowles said. “If the court system says there was no such thing as a marriage and tells us we have to amend it to a domestic partnership, so be it. It’s a symbolic act on Tammy’s part….” The couple held a commitment ceremony at Dick Clark’s oceanside Malibu estate in 2001, attended by friends including Steven Spielberg. They registered as domestic partners in 2005, before Michaels gave birth to their twins in 2006.
Melissa Etheridge's ex files for full custody of twins
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- Zoe Saldana on first profile in her 'My Hero' series: My mom 'really let us find our own voice'
- Comic-book collecting: What draws you to it?
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'