Harry Potter actress Afshan Azad, who played Padma Patil in the franchise, was allegedly the subject of a murder plot that took place in her own home, People reports. Azad’s father, Abdul, and brother, Ashraf, were charged with threatening to murder the actress after they allegedly attacked her May 21 in Manchester, England, because they disapproved of her relationship with a Hindu man. Azad’s brother has also been charged with assault. Both Abdul and Ashraf have been released on bail, and will return to court July 12.
'Harry Potter' actress escapes murder attempt
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Sound of Music': Carrie Underwood on tonight's live show and hate tweets from Julie Andrews fans
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' will open in 2016
- 'Glee': Watch Rachel, Kurt, and Santana sing with a hot shirtless Santa --…
- 'Sound of Music': We live blogged it!
- Capsule TV Reviews: Give These Shows a Second Chance