Harry Potter actress Afshan Azad, who played Padma Patil in the franchise, was allegedly the subject of a murder plot that took place in her own home, People reports. Azad’s father, Abdul, and brother, Ashraf, were charged with threatening to murder the actress after they allegedly attacked her May 21 in Manchester, England, because they disapproved of her relationship with a Hindu man. Azad’s brother has also been charged with assault. Both Abdul and Ashraf have been released on bail, and will return to court July 12.
'Harry Potter' actress escapes murder attempt
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'Freakin' Whack-a-Mole' surprises
- 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 'Modern Family' Halloween: Welcome to AwesomeLand
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
Top 5 Most Read
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'