Harry Potter actress Afshan Azad, who played Padma Patil in the franchise, was allegedly the subject of a murder plot that took place in her own home, People reports. Azad’s father, Abdul, and brother, Ashraf, were charged with threatening to murder the actress after they allegedly attacked her May 21 in Manchester, England, because they disapproved of her relationship with a Hindu man. Azad’s brother has also been charged with assault. Both Abdul and Ashraf have been released on bail, and will return to court July 12.
'Harry Potter' actress escapes murder attempt
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Greensleeves'
- Nina Dobrev's crossover to 'The Originals': 5 new photos
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Flash'; 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Supernatural'; 'Marry Me'; more TV recaps
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Mockingbird: 'She's just a badass'
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Gilmore Girls': Amy Sherman-Palladino on how the 'thousand yellow daisies' scene grew
- Marvel on cryptic crossover art: 'Stay Tuned!' So, let's theorize...