James Earl Jones and Vanessa Redgrave will star in a new Broadway production of Alfred Uhry’s Driving Miss Daisy, it was announced via press release. The production is set to open Oct. 25, 2010, following a short preview period. This will be the play’s Broadway debut; it had a successful Off-Broadway run before being adapted into the film starring Morgan Freeman and Jessica Tandy in 1989.
James Earl Jones, Vanessa Redgrave to star in 'Driving Miss Daisy' on Broadway
- 20 most compelling actor/director teams now
- 'Big Brother' recap: Final three houseguests are...
- Sarah Paulson on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'something happens in the very first episode that's crazy'
- 'Red Band Society' debuts: First impressions?
- 'Top Chef Duels' recap: Nyesha Arrington vs. Jennifer Carroll
- Kunal Nayyar sings Boyz II Men on 'Queen Latifah Show': Sneak peek
- 'This Is Where I Leave You' review: Reunited and it feels so...schmaltzy
- 'Survivor' scouting report: John Rocker's plan if he's recognized?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln says to fear the beard in season 5
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'AHS' star Sarah Paulson calls conjoined twins her 'craziest' role yet