James Earl Jones and Vanessa Redgrave will star in a new Broadway production of Alfred Uhry’s Driving Miss Daisy, it was announced via press release. The production is set to open Oct. 25, 2010, following a short preview period. This will be the play’s Broadway debut; it had a successful Off-Broadway run before being adapted into the film starring Morgan Freeman and Jessica Tandy in 1989.
James Earl Jones, Vanessa Redgrave to star in 'Driving Miss Daisy' on Broadway
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- 'Constantine' series premiere; 'Amazing Race'; more TV recaps
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- 'Happy Valley' trailer: Documentary on Penn State scandal asks difficult Q's
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'