Amy Locane, who starred as Sandy on the ‘90s Fox soap Melrose Place for one season, was charged today with second-degree vehicular homicide in an alleged drunk driving accident in Montogomery, New Jersey, on Sunday night that killed one person and seriously injured another, the [Newark] Star-Ledger reports. The paper reports that Locane—who lives in Hopewell, New Jersey and uses her married name of Amy Locane-Bovenizer—crashed her SUV into another car that was pulling out of a driveway. The passenger of that vehicle was killed; the driver was airlifted to a hospital, where he remains in critical condition. Authorities told the Star-Ledger that Locane-Bovenizer admitted that she had consumed several glasses of wine that evening; they also allege that she was involved in a minor hit-and-run accident in Princeton, N.J., earlier that night, and that witnesses informed police that she drove away erratically from the scene, knocking over mailboxes. Bail has been set at $50,000. The Montgomery Township police department declined to comment to EW.com, referring the call to the prosecutor’s office, which is closed for the night. Locane’s film credits include Cry-Baby, School Ties, and Airheads.
Former 'Melrose Place' star Amy Locane charged with vehicular homicide after fatal accident
- 'The Voice': Top 3 are...
- 'Voice': How about a Judges' Veto?
- 'Victoria's Secret': 12 years of 'Fantasy Bras'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Maggie Siff on Tara haters
- Golden Globe noms: TV wild cards we'd love to see
- Golden Globes: We predict the movie nominees
- 'Burying the Ex': First Look at 'zom-com'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season 6: Who killed, who died
Top 5 Most Read
- AFI movies of the year: 'Her' and '12 Years a Slave' in; 'August: Osage County' out
- 'Mary Poppins' star talks 50th anniversary and 'Saving Mr. Banks'
- 'The Voice' recap: Green Eggs and Adam
- 15 Blasts From the Past in '13: Winners/Losers
- 'Community': Check out the first trailer for season 5 -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO