Amy Locane, who starred as Sandy on the ‘90s Fox soap Melrose Place for one season, was charged today with second-degree vehicular homicide in an alleged drunk driving accident in Montogomery, New Jersey, on Sunday night that killed one person and seriously injured another, the [Newark] Star-Ledger reports. The paper reports that Locane—who lives in Hopewell, New Jersey and uses her married name of Amy Locane-Bovenizer—crashed her SUV into another car that was pulling out of a driveway. The passenger of that vehicle was killed; the driver was airlifted to a hospital, where he remains in critical condition. Authorities told the Star-Ledger that Locane-Bovenizer admitted that she had consumed several glasses of wine that evening; they also allege that she was involved in a minor hit-and-run accident in Princeton, N.J., earlier that night, and that witnesses informed police that she drove away erratically from the scene, knocking over mailboxes. Bail has been set at $50,000. The Montgomery Township police department declined to comment to EW.com, referring the call to the prosecutor’s office, which is closed for the night. Locane’s film credits include Cry-Baby, School Ties, and Airheads.
Former 'Melrose Place' star Amy Locane charged with vehicular homicide after fatal accident
- 'Orphan Black': Tatiana Maslany 'high octane' promise
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Lost' exec producer Carlton Cuse looks back at plotting the finale -- and picks TV's best goodbye
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…