DreamWorks Animation has snatched up the movie rights for the iconic Happy Troll Doll character, or more commonly known as “Troll dolls” or “Treasure Trolls,” according to Variety. DreamWorks Animation licensed the character from the Danish company Dam Things, and the studio has hired screenwriters Adam Wilson and Melanie Wilson LaBracio to write a script that’ll reportedly expand upon the Troll dolls’ mythology. The Troll dolls, which became an American toy fad in the 1960s, recently made a cameo appearance as train passengers during the opening action sequence of Disney-Pixar’s Toy Story 3.
Jun 22 2010 08:39 PM ET
DreamWorks Animation secures movie rights for Troll dolls
- 'DWTS': Kellie and Derek win season 16
- Kellie Pickler: 'I want to hug this room'
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- Bono, Olivia Wilde join 'toilet strike'
- Justin Bieber booed: Will he listen?
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek