The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has tapped film producer Bruce Cohen (American Beauty, Milk) and TV producer-director Don Mischer to produce the 83rd Academy Awards telecast, the organization announced Tuesday. Mischer will also direct the telecast, which will air Feb. 27, 2011, on ABC. This represents both men’s first involvement with the Oscar telecast.
Oscars: Academy picks Bruce Cohen and Don Mischer to produce 83rd Academy Awards
- Jim Carrey hosts 'SNL': Tell us how the show looks to you as it airs
- 'Doctor Who'; 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- Kids and coots: Movies' unlikeliest buddies?
- Bill Murray: 11 personas he's perfected
- 37 'sexy' Halloween costumes?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending