The federal government has outlined a new plan for enforcing anti-piracy legislation, The Hollywood Reporter reports. At the announcement today, Vice President Joe Biden commented, “To state it very bluntly, piracy hurts. It hurts our economy, our health, and our safety.” The plan coordinates federal efforts combating intellectual property infringement, including the creation of a new specialized task force within the Justice Department. A report also released on Tuesday tallied motion picture and video piracy as costing the U.S. $20.5 billion every year.
Obama administration unveils new efforts to combat piracy
- 'Gotham' recap: What did you think of its 'Pilot'?
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Age is just a state of mind
- Fall TV's most stylish characters
- 'Gone Girl' review: Put it on the 'A' list
- 11 things you'll want to know about the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover
- 'Sleepy Hollow' recap: 'This Is War'
- 'Scorpion' premiere react: Get smarter
- 'Lost' turns 10: Doc Jensen on the highs, lows, and legacy