The federal government has outlined a new plan for enforcing anti-piracy legislation, The Hollywood Reporter reports. At the announcement today, Vice President Joe Biden commented, “To state it very bluntly, piracy hurts. It hurts our economy, our health, and our safety.” The plan coordinates federal efforts combating intellectual property infringement, including the creation of a new specialized task force within the Justice Department. A report also released on Tuesday tallied motion picture and video piracy as costing the U.S. $20.5 billion every year.
Obama administration unveils new efforts to combat piracy
- 'Bottles' of the good stuff: 5 episodes to pore over
- Lea Michele to guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'
- 'Sin City 2' red-band trailer: 'This rotten town...'
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- Comic-Con '14: Eye on day 3 panels
- Comic-Con '14: Celebs make the rounds, day 3
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': First teaser trailer