The federal government has outlined a new plan for enforcing anti-piracy legislation, The Hollywood Reporter reports. At the announcement today, Vice President Joe Biden commented, “To state it very bluntly, piracy hurts. It hurts our economy, our health, and our safety.” The plan coordinates federal efforts combating intellectual property infringement, including the creation of a new specialized task force within the Justice Department. A report also released on Tuesday tallied motion picture and video piracy as costing the U.S. $20.5 billion every year.
Obama administration unveils new efforts to combat piracy
- 'Bachelor': Chris vs. Juan Pablo on Andi's exit
- Lindsay Lohan teases 'Mean Girls' reunion
- 'Mad Men' gets trippy: Season 7 poster art
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 8 TV stars who proved you can go home again
- 'Once Upon a Time': Flying monkeys!
- Jodi Picoult's 'Leaving Time': First Look