The federal government has outlined a new plan for enforcing anti-piracy legislation, The Hollywood Reporter reports. At the announcement today, Vice President Joe Biden commented, “To state it very bluntly, piracy hurts. It hurts our economy, our health, and our safety.” The plan coordinates federal efforts combating intellectual property infringement, including the creation of a new specialized task force within the Justice Department. A report also released on Tuesday tallied motion picture and video piracy as costing the U.S. $20.5 billion every year.
Obama administration unveils new efforts to combat piracy
- 'SNL' preview: Third time's the charm for Jim Carrey?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Zoe Saldana on first profile in her 'My Hero' series: My mom 'really let us find our own voice'
- Comic-book collecting: What draws you to it?
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season