The federal government has outlined a new plan for enforcing anti-piracy legislation, The Hollywood Reporter reports. At the announcement today, Vice President Joe Biden commented, “To state it very bluntly, piracy hurts. It hurts our economy, our health, and our safety.” The plan coordinates federal efforts combating intellectual property infringement, including the creation of a new specialized task force within the Justice Department. A report also released on Tuesday tallied motion picture and video piracy as costing the U.S. $20.5 billion every year.
Obama administration unveils new efforts to combat piracy
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- Taylor Swift and Jamie Oliver 'Bake It Off' in clip for Stand Up to Cancer
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts 'Beauty and the Beast'/'Tudors' alum in mysterious role
- Halloween countdown/poll: 5 best demon movies
- 'Downton Abbey' trailer aims to get fans fired up for season 5
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Elena and Stefan are southbound?
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Strangers'
- Walking Dead': Steven Yeun talks Glenn, Maggie, Tara, and Terminus