interview. “I can’t believe they put her in my box, which I paid for. You give people the finger and you get upgraded? Is that the world we’re living in right now?” In the interview, Seinfeld sounds both exasperated and bemused, and it’s possible that his comments were made more in jest than in actual irritation. Seinfeld then segued into a characteristic comedic inquiry into the origin of “the finger.” “What’s the finger anyway?” he said. “Speaking of interesting and new, how old is the finger? How did it even get to be ‘the finger?’” Reps for Seinfeld and Lady Gaga did not respond to EW’s calls for comment.It’s a new inning in the Lady Gaga baseball saga. Almost two weeks following the pop star’s controversy-clad trip to Citi Field, where she gave the finger to Mets fans and was subsequently moved to Jerry Seinfeld’s luxury box, the comedian has reacted. “This woman’s a jerk. I hate her,” Seinfeld said Monday, at the tail-end of a radio sports show
Jun 22 2010 05:15 PM ET
Jerry Seinfeld calls Lady Gaga 'a jerk' for Citi Field antics
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- KROQ Weenie Roast concert: Watch live
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'American Idol': Lowest-rated finale ever
- 'Office' ratings surge for series finale
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- 'Office': 15 best episodes
- Grand Canyon tightrope walk on TV in June