Tonya Paoni, a contestant on the third season of CBS’ Big Brother, has been arrested for reckless homicide in connection with a July 2009 car crash in Illinois that killed two people, according to TMZ and The State Journal-Register in Springfield, Ill. Police allege that the 43-year-old Paoni — who now uses the name Tonya Casper — was driving under the influence when her automobile collided with an SUV on Interstate 72 near Springfield. One passenger in the SUV was thrown from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene; a second died when he was struck by another car as he was standing in the highway. Paoni was arrested on May 27 and charged with reckless homicide, aggravated DUI, two counts of aggravated reckless conduct, two counts of aggravated reckless driving, and speeding. Paoni is being held on $1 million bond at Sangamon County Jail and will appear in court on July 19.
Jun 17 2010 05:43 AM ET
'Big Brother' contestant arrested for reckless homicide, aggravated DUI
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- Vampire Weekend tops album chart
- 'Twilight' tops Teen Choice Awards noms
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Jennifer Aniston: 'We're the Millers' trailer
- 'Only God Forgives': Cannes review
- Cassadee Pope: Hear her new single