Less than two weeks before the June 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson’s death, Joe Jackson alleges that his son’s death was a result of his wife Katherine’s inaction, according to a blockbuster video interview with England’s News of the World newspaper. According to the interview, the 80-year-old paterfamilias of the musical family says he begged his wife to get their son Michael into rehab for his alleged addiction to prescription pills. He says the final straw came when the couple saw their son lying on the mortuary table. “I said, ‘If you had listened to me, Michael would be living now!’ I kept thinking about the times I had stood in front of her saying something was wrong,” Jackson says in the News of the World interview. “Katherine didn’t say a word. I had to get away from her. If she’d done what I asked, Michael would be here today. I am incensed with her. She could have made a difference.” Jackson died last June after going into cardiac arrest. His mother was named in the King of Pop’s will as the legal guardian to his three children. His father was shut out from the settlement.
Jun 13 2010 01:51 PM ET
Michael Jackson's death is mother's fault, says Joe Jackson
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Billboard Music Awards: 2013 winners are...
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Doctor Who' season end: Hi, my name is...
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis': Cannes review
- 'Anchorman 2': Official teaser trailer