Reuters reports that Idol creator Simon Fuller and an investor group made a $600 million takeover bid for CKX Inc., the corporation that owns the rights to the Idol television brand, among other intellectual properties. CKX’s founder Robert Sillerman had resigned as chief executive and chairman on May 7.
'American Idol' creator Simon Fuller makes bid for CKX
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelor' blog: 'After the Final Rose'
- 'Veronica Mars': 10 essential episodes
- 'Flash': First look at full-body costume
- Justin Bieber: 'Ordinary People' dance with Selena?
- Jaimie Alexander previews 'Agents of SHIELD'
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns'
- SXSW Music 2014: 20 on the verge
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch