Reuters reports that Idol creator Simon Fuller and an investor group made a $600 million takeover bid for CKX Inc., the corporation that owns the rights to the Idol television brand, among other intellectual properties. CKX’s founder Robert Sillerman had resigned as chief executive and chairman on May 7.
'American Idol' creator Simon Fuller makes bid for CKX
- 'Colbert Report' swan song as graceful as it gets
- 25 best 'Stephen Colbert' moments
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- People Magazine Awards: 5 best moments
- 'White Collar': Perfect 'Au Revoir' to our favorite con artist?
- 'Suits' promo reveals Louis' next move
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- Neil Patrick Harris arrives at the freak show in 'American Horror Story' promo
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Louis' next move revealed in 'Suits' promo -- exclusive
- 'People' names Kate Upton 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…
- 'White Collar' series finale: The perfect goodbye to our favorite con artist