Frank Frazetta, a fantasy artist best known for painting the covers of Robert E. Howard’s Conan the Barbarian books, died after suffering a stroke Sunday night in Fort Myers, Fla., according to the Associated Press. He was 82. Frazetta, who illustrated over 150 books and comic books as well as movie posters for films like What’s New Pussycat? and the covers of several Molly Hatchet albums, was the subject of the 2003 documentary Frazetta: Painting With Fire.
May 10 2010 07:37 PM ET
Fantasy artist Frank Frazetta dead at 82
- 'DWTS': Kellie and Derek win season 16
- Kellie Pickler: 'I want to hug this room'
- 'DWTS' finale ratings dive in 18-49 demo
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Emma Roberts joins 'Horror Story: Coven'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' gig for Rumer Willis
- 'Voice' song for tornado victims: Watch