Grey’s Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo is launching a cancer prevention campaign called “Choose You” in association with the American Cancer Society, reports Reuters. The push encourages women to be mindful of their health and take steps to lower the risk of developing various types of the illness. “Cancer is something that touches everyone’s lives,” said the actress, whose mother is a cancer survivor. “My daily schedule is quite hectic, but I have to put my health first in order to be the best mom and wife I can be.”
May 4 2010 05:07 PM ET
Ellen Pompeo backs cancer prevention campaign
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Amanda Bynes: 'Don't believe any reports'
- 'Fast & Furious 6': Sung Kang says...
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!