following a brain hemorrhage, has suffered a setback in his condition, according to his official website. Tests indicate that, as a side effect of the bleeding in his brain, Michaels is suffering from hyponatremia, an abnormally low level of sodium in the body fluids, which can lead to seizures. Michaels remains in critical but stable condition and is continuing to undergo tests. “With further testing and rehabilitation, [doctors] are hopeful that Bret will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months,” says the latest statement posted to Michaels’ website. “Michaels remains under 24-hour observation in the ICU and is in positive spirits. He is responding well to tests and treatments. Even though today was a minor setback, doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday.”Rocker Bret Michaels, who has been hospitalized since Thursday
Bret Michaels update: Test results indicate setback
- 'Star Wars Rebels' First Look: Inquisitor in action
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- 'Leprechaun: Origins': First Look at troublemaker
- 'Hannibal' yuks it up: Season 2 blooper reel
- Misha Collins' Scavenger Hunt: No record is safe?
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- 'Reign' cast: Can you ID the 'stealth nerd'?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)