following a brain hemorrhage, has suffered a setback in his condition, according to his official website. Tests indicate that, as a side effect of the bleeding in his brain, Michaels is suffering from hyponatremia, an abnormally low level of sodium in the body fluids, which can lead to seizures. Michaels remains in critical but stable condition and is continuing to undergo tests. “With further testing and rehabilitation, [doctors] are hopeful that Bret will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months,” says the latest statement posted to Michaels’ website. “Michaels remains under 24-hour observation in the ICU and is in positive spirits. He is responding well to tests and treatments. Even though today was a minor setback, doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday.”Rocker Bret Michaels, who has been hospitalized since Thursday
Bret Michaels update: Test results indicate setback
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC 'effective immediately'
- Cheerleading taken seriously as a movie topic? Bring it on
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- J.K Rowling writes new Dolores Umbridge story
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- 'Forever' sneak peek: Henry and Jo mix classy and sassy
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Grey's'; 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- The 17 most important GIFs from the 'Avengers 2' trailer