following a brain hemorrhage, has suffered a setback in his condition, according to his official website. Tests indicate that, as a side effect of the bleeding in his brain, Michaels is suffering from hyponatremia, an abnormally low level of sodium in the body fluids, which can lead to seizures. Michaels remains in critical but stable condition and is continuing to undergo tests. “With further testing and rehabilitation, [doctors] are hopeful that Bret will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months,” says the latest statement posted to Michaels’ website. “Michaels remains under 24-hour observation in the ICU and is in positive spirits. He is responding well to tests and treatments. Even though today was a minor setback, doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday.”Rocker Bret Michaels, who has been hospitalized since Thursday
Bret Michaels update: Test results indicate setback
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'X-Men' trailer: Retro-Sentinels and...the Dude?!
- 'View': Seating chart for a peaceful co-host reunion
- Tribeca Film Fest: 13 must-see premieres
- 'Voice': Top 12 Power List
- Kiera Cass' 'The One': New trailer
- Best summer blockbusters: Ah-nold at No. 10
- 'Orphan Black': How Sarah became British
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson talks royal wedding shocker -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Fargo' premiere: Martin Freeman talks THAT scene