following a brain hemorrhage, has suffered a setback in his condition, according to his official website. Tests indicate that, as a side effect of the bleeding in his brain, Michaels is suffering from hyponatremia, an abnormally low level of sodium in the body fluids, which can lead to seizures. Michaels remains in critical but stable condition and is continuing to undergo tests. “With further testing and rehabilitation, [doctors] are hopeful that Bret will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months,” says the latest statement posted to Michaels’ website. “Michaels remains under 24-hour observation in the ICU and is in positive spirits. He is responding well to tests and treatments. Even though today was a minor setback, doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday.”Rocker Bret Michaels, who has been hospitalized since Thursday
Bret Michaels update: Test results indicate setback
- Grammys 2014 nominees are...
- 'Grammy Nominations Concert': Your take?
- 'HIMYM,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Sound of Music': Movie's Von Trapp kids say...
- 'Sound of Music': Laura Benanti on big night
- Music on TV: What was THAT song?
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Chris Nashawaty picks...
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sound of Music' ratings soar: NBC's biggest Thursday in 4 years
- Grammy Nominations 2014: See the list of nominees
- 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Revolution,' 'Supernatural': Find out what's next in the Spoiler Room
- Vin Diesel recalls his conversation with Paul Walker's mom
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian