following a brain hemorrhage, has suffered a setback in his condition, according to his official website. Tests indicate that, as a side effect of the bleeding in his brain, Michaels is suffering from hyponatremia, an abnormally low level of sodium in the body fluids, which can lead to seizures. Michaels remains in critical but stable condition and is continuing to undergo tests. “With further testing and rehabilitation, [doctors] are hopeful that Bret will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months,” says the latest statement posted to Michaels’ website. “Michaels remains under 24-hour observation in the ICU and is in positive spirits. He is responding well to tests and treatments. Even though today was a minor setback, doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday.”Rocker Bret Michaels, who has been hospitalized since Thursday
Bret Michaels update: Test results indicate setback
- 'Maze Runner' finds its way to $11M on Friday
- Kim Kardashian as clingy extra-terrestrial hairball on 'American Dad': First Look
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- 'This Is Where I Leave You' director Shawn Levy: 'I would love to live in this movie forever'
- J.Lo and Iggy Azalea extend the Summer of Butts with 'Booty' remix video
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- 'Super Smash Bros.': The best/worst thing ever to happen to Nintendo
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle,' more fresh TV spoilers
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Into the Woods' character names not getting Disney makeover (Updated)
- 'Once Upon a Time': Will Elsa 'Let It Go'? Or build a snowman?
- J-Lo and Iggy continue the Summer of Butts with 'Booty' remix video
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle' and more