Heather Locklear was arrested early Saturday morning for a misdemeanor hit-and-run after she hit a no-parking sign near her home in Ventura County, Calif. and drove away from the scene, People reports. A neighbor heard the noise around 4 a.m. and when police arrived, they traced the debris back to Locklear’s black 2005 BMW. The actress, who is currently serving a three-year probation after pleading no contest to reckless driving following her Sept. 2008 DUI arrest, is set to appear in court May 17. It is unclear at this point if alcohol was involved. Locklear’s lawyer, via her publicist, told EW: “Ms. Locklear was cited with a misdemeanor traffic ticket as she is the registered owner of the vehicle. She was never taken into custody. The matter is still being looked into as it is not yet clear who was driving the vehicle.”
Apr 21 2010 02:42 PM ET
Heather Locklear arrested for hit-and-run
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?