As TMZ first reported, actor Kal Penn was robbed at gunpoint in Washington, D.C., early this morning, his rep confirmed. The 32-year-old star of the 2004 stoner comedy Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle and its 2008 sequel has been working in the capital for the Obama administration. The D.C. police confirmed a robbery at 1:20 A.M. on the 1500 block of S Street to EW. The actor was accosted by a gunman, who walked up to him and took a wallet and other belongings. Penn gave up his role on the TV show House last year to take the position of an associate director in the White House’s Office of Public Engagement. He is scheduled to star in a third Harold & Kumar film later this year.
Apr 20 2010 03:29 PM ET
'Harold & Kumar' star, Kal Penn, robbed at gunpoint in D.C.
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- 'X-Men': Evan Peters in as Quiksilver
- Apolo Anton Ohno on 'Minute to Win It': Clip
- 'SNL': Best host of 2012-13? YOU say it's...
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- 'Nebraska'; Palme d'Or prediction: Cannes
- Google Doodle: Teen's 'Best Day Ever'