The next James Bond sequel, tentatively titled Bond 23, has been put on hold due to MGM’s financial troubles, according to Variety. EON Productions heads Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli announced Monday that the next Daniel Craig 007 installment was facing a foe as nasty as Dr. No or Scaramanga: cash woes. “Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding the future of MGM and the failure to close a sale of the studio, we have suspended development on Bond 23 indefinitely,” the pair said in a statement. “We do not know when development will resume and do not have a date for the release of Bond 23.” The project did not yet have a director attached, but a trio of writers had reportedly been working on a script and Craig had informed fans last fall that the film would start shooting late this year. MGM has been in the process of sorting out its future with its debt holders. MGM put itself up for sale in November. The studio’s only release this year, Hot Tub Time Machine, has grossed $42.4 million to date.
Next James Bond movie postponed indefinitely
- 'SNL' recap: Cameron Diaz is a 'Back Home Baller'
- AMAs 2013 flashback: See how we graded last year's performances
- AMAs 2013 flashback: What the stars wore--and how we sized up their style
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': $123M opening weekend
- 'Jurassic World' teases Thanksgiving trailer: 3 nods to 'Jurassic Park'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- Stephen Merchant answers burning Q's about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (including THAT cameo)
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
Top 5 Most Read
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- 'Saturday Night Live' recap: 'Cameron Diaz and Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars'
- Cameron Diaz hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend -- talk about it here!
- Harry Potter's Hogwarts Alums: Ranking Achievements Three Years Later