Tennis legend Martina Navratilova announced this morning on ABC’s Good Morning America that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Navratilova, who called the diagnosis her “personal 9/11,” was treated for an aggressive form of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), which is considered the earliest form of breast cancer, and had a lumpectomy in February. She said there is a “very small chance” of the cancer returning.
Apr 7 2010 12:59 PM ET
Tennis star Martina Navratilova coping with breast cancer
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- 'X-Men': Evan Peters in as Quiksilver
- 'SNL': Best host of 2012-13? YOU say it's...
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- 'Nebraska'; Palme d'Or prediction: Cannes
- Google Doodle: Teen's 'Best Day Ever'
- 'Nashville' finale: Count the cliffhangers!