Singer Johnny Maestro, the man who sang the 1958 doo-wop ballad “16 Candles” with the Crests and spent many years with The Brooklyn Bridge, who had a top-five hit with “The Worst That Could Happen,” has passed away in Florida after a battle with cancer. He was 70.
Mar 25 2010 12:37 PM ET
'16 Candles' crooner Johnny Maestro dies
- James Gandolfini dies at age 51
- James Gandolfini 'a genius': David Chase
- James Gandolfini dies: Tributes on Twitter
- James Gandolfini: 15 classic 'Tony' lines
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?
- 'World War Z': EW movie review