O.C. and Gossip Girl creative forces Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage are forming their own production company called Fake Empire to be based at Warner Bros. TV, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Schwartz’s College Hill Prods. will be folded into the new enterprise in a multi-year deal. The two met when McG’s Wonderland Sound and Vision, which Savage ran at the time, co-produced Schwartz’s first television creation, The O.C. Savage made her writing debut on the show and went on to become an executive producer. The two then teamed up to adapt the Gossip Girl book series for The CW. The new venture will focus on television projects but may also produce features, online series, music, and books.
Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage launch production company, Fake Empire
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC 'effective immediately'
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- J.K Rowling writes new Dolores Umbridge story
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Forever' sneak peek: Henry and Jo mix classy and sassy
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Grey's Anatomy; 'Scandal'; more TV recaps
- 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; 'Parenthood'; 'Gracepoint'; more TV recaps
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- The 17 most important GIFs from the 'Avengers 2' trailer