O.C. and Gossip Girl creative forces Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage are forming their own production company called Fake Empire to be based at Warner Bros. TV, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Schwartz’s College Hill Prods. will be folded into the new enterprise in a multi-year deal. The two met when McG’s Wonderland Sound and Vision, which Savage ran at the time, co-produced Schwartz’s first television creation, The O.C. Savage made her writing debut on the show and went on to become an executive producer. The two then teamed up to adapt the Gossip Girl book series for The CW. The new venture will focus on television projects but may also produce features, online series, music, and books.
Mar 23 2010 10:29 AM ET
Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage launch production company, Fake Empire
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Billboard Music Awards: 2013 winners are...
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $1.1B: Report
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Game of Thrones': Compatible couples?
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 409
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 351
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 504