O.C. and Gossip Girl creative forces Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage are forming their own production company called Fake Empire to be based at Warner Bros. TV, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Schwartz’s College Hill Prods. will be folded into the new enterprise in a multi-year deal. The two met when McG’s Wonderland Sound and Vision, which Savage ran at the time, co-produced Schwartz’s first television creation, The O.C. Savage made her writing debut on the show and went on to become an executive producer. The two then teamed up to adapt the Gossip Girl book series for The CW. The new venture will focus on television projects but may also produce features, online series, music, and books.
Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage launch production company, Fake Empire
Top 5 Most Read
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Mara Wilson has 'no interest' in 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like