O.C. and Gossip Girl creative forces Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage are forming their own production company called Fake Empire to be based at Warner Bros. TV, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Schwartz’s College Hill Prods. will be folded into the new enterprise in a multi-year deal. The two met when McG’s Wonderland Sound and Vision, which Savage ran at the time, co-produced Schwartz’s first television creation, The O.C. Savage made her writing debut on the show and went on to become an executive producer. The two then teamed up to adapt the Gossip Girl book series for The CW. The new venture will focus on television projects but may also produce features, online series, music, and books.
Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage launch production company, Fake Empire
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- Seth Meyers on hosting the Emmys: 'You want to keep the jokes fresh'
- 25 greatest TV spies ever
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
- Anderson Cooper to investigate an Avenger for CNN (Comic-book News Network)
- 'Saved By the Bell': Remembering when it was 'Bliss'
- MTV VMAs' most buzzed-about moments (non-performance division)