Cindy Crawford’s rep has issued a statement on behalf of the former supermodel in response to the sentencing of a German man accused of blackmailing her with photos of her 7-year-old daughter. In an emailed statement to EW, a publicist for Crawford said: “We want to express our gratitude to the FBI, the U.S. District Attorney’s Office in Los Angeles, and the German Law Enforcement Authorities for their coordination and efforts in this case, which resulted in the successful prosecution and incarceration of the perpetrator.” Edis Kayalar was given two years in a German prison for extortion. He is accused of stealing a private photo of Crawford’s daughter, gagged and bound to a chair, from the child’s nanny. The nanny has said the photo was taken in jest.
Cindy Crawford responds to sentencing of accused blackmailer
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' role for Callum Keith Rennie
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' baroness, dies
- 'Mentalist': A (SPOILER!) for Lisbon?
- 'Duck Dynasty' Xmas preview: 'Let's go get a hog!'
- 'Community' season 5: First trailer is here!
- Sundance 2014 Premieres: What's playing
- 'Precious' memories in '09: Sundance flashback
- Josh Holloway: Shirtless 'Intelligence' poster
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Community': Check out the first trailer for season 5 -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- Bob Barker returning to 'Price Is Right,' first promo
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Check out the sickening season 6 supertease and meet the queens -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- New 'Fifty Shades' pic shows Ana kissing Christian -- PHOTO
- 'The Amazing Race' recap: The Final Frontier