Cindy Crawford’s rep has issued a statement on behalf of the former supermodel in response to the sentencing of a German man accused of blackmailing her with photos of her 7-year-old daughter. In an emailed statement to EW, a publicist for Crawford said: “We want to express our gratitude to the FBI, the U.S. District Attorney’s Office in Los Angeles, and the German Law Enforcement Authorities for their coordination and efforts in this case, which resulted in the successful prosecution and incarceration of the perpetrator.” Edis Kayalar was given two years in a German prison for extortion. He is accused of stealing a private photo of Crawford’s daughter, gagged and bound to a chair, from the child’s nanny. The nanny has said the photo was taken in jest.
Cindy Crawford responds to sentencing of accused blackmailer
- 'Bachelor': Chris vs. Juan Pablo on Andi's exit
- Lindsay Lohan teases 'Mean Girls' reunion
- 'Mad Men' gets trippy: Season 7 poster art
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 8 TV stars who proved you can go home again
- 'Once Upon a Time': Flying monkeys!
- Jodi Picoult's 'Leaving Time': First Look